Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC), a crucial business line within Commercial Banking. A market-leading provider of working capital, investment capital, trust services, and sales financing solutions that help customers optimize liquidity and grow their business through their lifecycle. WFCC provides a broad portfolio of secured lending solutions, trust services, and capital to clients of all sizes. With leading market positions across our businesses, WFCC brings powerful industry expertise to help our customers succeed — by providing capital for them to sell their products, assisting them in working through transitions or managing issues in their business, and accessing the capital markets. WFCC is an operationally-intensive business — we serve approximately 300,000 clients and manage more than 700,000 deals, and work with a wide variety of collateral, while keeping risk management top-of-mind.
About the Role:
The role requires managing multiple functional lines in Wells Fargo Equipment Finance business to support modeling, reporting and advanced analytics through multiple teams. The key requirement for the role is the ability to lead a team in understanding the business objectives, formulating the analytic solution and execute/ implement to deliver the solution. AVP should be able to provide thought leadership to guide the team as well as deliver hands- on work where needed. Should provide mentoring, coaching to team members and create positive work culture.
- Advise line of business and companywide functions on business strategies based on research of performance metrics, trends in population distributions, and other complex data analysis to maximize profits and asset growth, and minimize operating losses within risk and other operating standards.
- Provide influence and leadership in the identification of new tools and methods to analyze data.
- Ensure adherence to compliance and legal regulations and policies on all projects managed.
- Provide updates on project logs, monthly budget forecasts, monthly newsletters, and operations reviews.
- Assist managers in building quarterly and annual plans and forecast future market research needs for business partners supported.
- Strategically collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level to senior managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor to staff, interns and external contractors.
- Providing business and technical leadership to develop analytics team delivering across multiple functions within WFCC
- Responsible for maintaining partner relationships, ensuring high quality team deliverables and SLAs
- Working closely with the US partners on daily basis, interacting closely with multiple business partners anchor program managers
- Work independently, foster a culture of healthy and efficient working for the team
- Designing and solving complex business problems by analytical techniques and tools
- Will be involved directly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or advanced data visualization including development of Business Objects reports using multiple databases
- Recommends potential data sources; compiles and mines data from multiple, cross business sources.
- Works with typically very large data sets, both structured and unstructured, and from multiple sources
- Develops specific, customized reports, ad hoc analyses and/or data visualizations, formatted with business user-friendly techniques to drive adoption, such as (1) Excel macros/pivoting/filtering, (2) PowerPoint slides and presentations, and (3) clear verbal and e-mail communications
- Works with senior consultants or directly with partners, responsible for identifying and defining business requirements and translating business needs into moderately complex analyses and recommendations.
- Works with local and international colleagues and with internal customers, responsible for identifying and defining business requirements and catering to business needs for the team
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies
- Applies knowledge of business, customers, and/or products/services/portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
- Ability to work overlap hours with US team
- Shift 1:30-10:30 pm
- 5+ years of Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 9-11+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a MS/MA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Modeling, Forecasting, Decision Trees as well as other statistical and performance analytics
- 8+ years of experience with SAS, SQL, or other data management, reporting, and query tools
- 6+ years of experience in Tableau development- creating solutions with aid of data visualization. This includes but not limited to developing and creating BI dashboards, working on end to end reports, deriving insights from data
- 6+ years of experience in CRM analytics (e.g. Salesforce.com) and database management expertise
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.