At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Wealth Planning Strategist...
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives including those that are cross-functional with broad impact and act as key participant in large-scale planning for Wealth Planning
- Partner with relationship managers during the consultative process with clients and prospects, and also assists with overall client discovery
- Work alongside the relationship manager to assess goals, objectives, and current situation of clients and prospects through a discovery process to determine the most appropriate planning offering
- Review and analyze complex multi-faceted, larger scale or longer-term business, operational, or technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors including intangibles or unprecedented factors
- Focus on cash flow analysis, insurance analysis, education funding analysis, executive compensation issues and stock option analysis, asset allocation analysis, income tax planning, charitable planning, business succession, asset protection, and estate and wealth transfer planning
- Monitor and track client revenues related to wealth planning work to ensure sales opportunities are maximized
- Make decisions in complex and multi-faceted situations requiring strong understanding of the functions, policies, procedures and compliance requirements that influence and lead Wealth Planning to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Strategically collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and multi-level managers to resolve issues and achieve deliverables
- Lead projects, teams or serve as a peer mentor
In this role, you will partner with relationship managers and/or advisors during the consultative process with largest and most complex clients and prospects with a net worth of $25 million and assist with overall client discovery.
Work alongside the relationship manager to assess goals, objectives, and current situation of clients and prospects through a discovery process to determine the most appropriate planning offering.
Focus on cash flow analysis, insurance analysis, education funding analysis, executive compensation issues and stock option analysis, asset allocation analysis, income tax planning, charitable planning, business succession, asset protection, and estate and wealth transfer planning.
Collaborate with internal and external partners to promote Wells Fargo WIM both internally and externally.
Provide support as a subject-matter expert to clients, relationship managers and/or advisors around Wealth Planning content, services and solutions.
Prioritizes consulting and interactions with advisors to serve their most important clients.
Deliver Wealth Planning advice during client meetings to enable relationship managers and/or advisors to independently implement Wealth Planning advice to other clients.
- 5+ years of Wealth Planning experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- JD, CPA, LLM in Taxation, CFP, CFA, or other advanced qualification
- FINRA Series 7 & 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. FINRA Series 7 and 66 examinations, or equivalent must be completed within either a 90 or 180-day time period following commencement of employment, depending upon the number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance. Compliance with state law registration and licensing requirements is mandatory. In addition to state registration and licensing requirements, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA licensing review process at the time of offer acceptance. For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite is required
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.