About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Commercial Loan Servicing Representative.
In this role, you will:
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced Commercial Loan Servicing representatives in interpreting and understanding complex policies as well as managing cross group projects
- Research, respond to and resolve complex inquiries
- Train others on complex loan agency inquiries and servicing language in loan documentation and interpretation, as well as an understanding of financial services and customer support
- Coordinate and reconcile all loan advances and payments with member banks and customers and books letters of credit
- Support loan trading and assignments
- Prioritize work and provide day to day work leadership and mentorship to the support team
- Lead or contribute to customer issue resolutions that require coordination amongst various teams
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal customers
- Receive direction from leaders
- Exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Experience in Commercial Loan Servicing, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Bachelor’s degree
- More than 5 years relevant working experience in Commercial Loan Servicing, Collections or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Business and accounting Skills (concept of Debit and Credit)
- Excellent English comprehension, written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills & ability to accurately process high volumes of work within established deadlines
- Strong Organizations skills - detail oriented
- Sound risk management mindset and good understanding of compliance
- Proficient in MS Office especially MS Excel
- Able to perform work and report on PH public holidays if falling on Mondays to Fridays including Christmas and New Year's eve
- Amenable to work on US shift: 9PM to 6AM
- Knowledge GAAP Accounting
- Quick learner
- Highly motivated individual who is able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to recognize and escalate issues to management for any process breaches
- Ability to multitask to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines effectively
- Ability to work quickly & accurately while maintaining acceptable standards of workmanship
- Flexibility to stretch to accomplish projects timely
- Support performance and overall effectiveness of team, as well as cross-group pre-close and post-close documents for the most complex commercial real estate loans
- Provide feedback and present ideas for improving or implementing processes and tools within Commercial Loan Operations
- Perform or guide others on complex business and operational decisions that require planning, evaluation, and interpretation
- Review and prepare loan related documents; render complex or escalated loan servicing tasks
- Independently prioritize work and provide day-to-day-work leadership and mentorship to Commercial Loan Closing team
- Lead or contribute to implementation of new or revised processes and procedures that require coordination among various work groups
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise to peers, colleagues and managers on the functions, policies, procedures and compliance requirements
Posting End Date:28 Feb 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.