About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Capital Markets Document Negotiator as part of the team. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
Prepare, negotiate and track various trading and financing agreements such as the ISDA Master Agreement (“ISDA”), the Cleared Derivative Execution Agreement (“CDEA”) and the Global Master Repurchase Agreement (“GMRA”) with institutional counterparties such as dealers, insurance companies, banks, hedge funds, investment managers.
Drive new business pipeline with all stakeholders according to business priorities (working closely with business to establish and manage priorities as necessary)
Work on various projects, including regulatory implementation, amending and updating templates, processes and systems
- Interpret policy when working with legal, credit and the relevant business
- Identify and mitigate business and legal risks within compliance requirements
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including more experienced managers
- 4+ years of Capital Markets Document Negotiation experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Strong preference for proficiency in both oral and written business level Japanese
- A solid understanding of ISDAs, CDEAs and GMRAs with an interest in other trading documentation
- Familiar with Dodd Frank documentation issues including Regulatory Variation Margin and Initial Margin requirements
- Existing negotiation relationships with significant APAC counterparties and understanding of the related documentation issues
- Have experience reviewing and affirming counterparty organizational documentation and jurisdictional guidelines to ensure legal contract enforcement, collateral offset and that close out netting capabilities are maximized
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy, particularly as they relate to ongoing regulatory initiatives
- Negotiator must demonstrate understanding of, and adherence to, relevant compliance, credit, legal, regulatory, operational and business policies and procedures and be able to explain and articulate documentation issues concisely and clearly to internal stakeholders with the ability to think through solutions
- Team player with excellent communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience such as customers and senior management
- Ability to practice a high degree of organization so that multiple negotiations can be prioritized and managed
- Excellent understanding of the underlying transaction and security documents and be able to grasp and articulate basic credit, operational, legal and business issues which arise during the negotiation and execution processes
Posting End Date:13 May 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.