About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Product Management Manager.
Enterprise Analytics and Data Science (EADS) team is Wells Fargo's hub for a distributed, diverse, and effective analytics function. The team is responsible for providing analytical solutions, AI platform services for the enterprise, Data Engineering, MLOps solution architecture, develop AI/ML capabilities for the bank, support enterprise analytic and AI/ML initiatives and POC’s, innovative ideas that drive us towards building the next-generation AI/ML platform/products and functional capabilities required to deliver towards these objectives.
About the Role
As a Product Manager, you will support the evolution and implementation of AI/ML platform and products which would help the LOBs in building, deploying and monitoring their models. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with our Product Management and line of business (LOB) partners and leading your scrum team to deliver solutions via Agile methodology. To be successful in this role, you must be a strong team player with exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, who thrives as an independent contributor, yet is able to leverage your leadership acumen to build credibility and direct matrixed resources in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop a team of product management contributors. Engage stakeholders and partners associated with the function
- Strategize growth opportunities
- Ensure programs adhere to compliance and privacy regulations and policies
- Make decisions and resolve issues regarding overall business strategy to meet business objectives
- Create business plans, develop business requirements, direct product design and implementation
- Recommend product enhancements, support sales and marketing
- Interpret and develop product enhancements recommending product pricing, distribution strategies, and performance measurements
- Collaborate and consult with product managers, analysts, and multiple level managers
- Interact directly with vendors
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Product Management
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
Roles and Responsibilities:
Partner with product managers and project team to define business requirements to meet the project objectives. Ensure requirements are within our business standards and guidelines and align to our business strategy and objectives.
- Communicates, collaborates, and negotiates with key stakeholders in business & technology teams
- Understand the product vision to come up with product strategy and roadmap.
- Manage, groom, and prioritize the scrum’s backlog and work with the team to plan stories for upcoming sprints. Determines acceptance criteria for final UAT code.
- Be accountable for scrum team deliverables and KPIs. Monitor and measure progress on user story delivery and sprint team velocity. Review metrics to measure value and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Effectively manage risks associated with projects and scrum team, including: compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; and adherence to internal Wells Fargo policies, procedures, and controls
- Look at industry trends and customer feedback to brainstorm on features.
- Communicate, collaborate and negotiate with key stakeholders (e.g. Value Stream Leader, LOB, Legal, Compliance, etc.)
- Obtain appropriate buy-in on difficult decisions and solve complex issues, especially when there isn’t agreement amongst stakeholders, knowing how to negotiate and when to escalate to his/her leaders
- Work with technical teams to resolve production issues. Clarify ambiguities and customer experience based on business requirements and product objectives.
- As a senior member of the team, help drive business priorities and team mandates and mentor and guide team members
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer experience, product/platform management, product development using Agile methodology, stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of AI and machine learning model development lifecycles
- Experience with Azure / AWS / GCP AI services and platforms. GCP experience will be advantage.
- Proven Knowledge of product and project management methodologies
- Good understanding of Big Data and related Datalake technologies
- Top candidate would have familiarity with some of these Data Science Platforms: Domino Data Labs, Databricks, H2O.ai, Datakitchen, Dataiku, Datarobot
- Experience in product management/development, program management, strategy, marketing and/or related position in a consumer-oriented, technology-dependent environment in financial services or related industries
- Ability to partner effectively with multiple stakeholders in Business & Technology teams like Architecture, Line of Business, Information Security, and Application Developers/SMEs while developing technical solutions to business problems.
- Experience writing Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Specification Documents(FSD), JIRA Epics and User Stories.
- Ability to manage process discovery, process modeling, and process improvement activities with strong process improvement mindset.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid creative and strategic thinking skills
- Experience in Agile frameworks like Kanban, Scrum and workflow and collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence.
Technical skills & Certifications
- Microsoft Office (Excel / PowerPoint / Word / MS Visio)
- Collaboration & Work Management tools like JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Product Management and Certified Product Owner/Scrum Master certifications are added advantage
Posting End Date:1 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.