About this role:
- As a CSBBO - Control Management Specialist you will Support functionally to meet the BCM goals and control coverage requirements. The job involves interacting with the business group managers, onshore/offshore partners to understand and analyze the processes, identify risks and controls in the processes, evaluate the controls, End to End Issue Management support Business and publish various reports to stakeholders.
- The right candidate will be responsible for proactive self-identification of issues and events, root cause analysis, resolution of control deficiencies and provides insight into emerging risks while operating in a very dynamic manner, connecting and building relationships with key partners across respective Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB)
In this role, you will:
- Support in Identification, assessment and mitigation of risks across all risk types, in coordination with LOB and assurance activities consistent with the risk management framework and policies established by Independent Risk Management.
- Support LOB RCSA Affirmation process(s) and related feeder/governance meetings.
- Review and approval process for line managers through senior management
- Support the execution and maintenance of RCSA program which includes:
- Identify risks applicable for the RAU
- Ensure data is up to date
- Identify items that are applicable to the RAU in the data provided
- Identify risk drivers
- Ensure process inventory is updated in the RCSA RAU
- Assesses, documents, and communicates emerging risks, themes and identified control deficiencies to management and risk partners in a timely manner.
- Foster strong relationships with team and collaborate effectively. Ensures coordination with team, line of business, other business units, Audit, and regulators on risk related topics.
- Ensures internal collaboration with the team, line of business/ partners.
- Interfaces internally with the team, line of business, and risk partners.
- Timely update, reporting and escalation of issues.
- Closely work with GDAs to identify, assess and mitigate deficient controls / control gaps or risks identified in the processes
- Partners with BG/EF to facilitate issues partners throughout the issue lifecycle including Root cause identification, Corrective action development and RCSA alignment.
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; additional experience analyzing business and/or systems changes to determine impact.
- Assist for control forums and provide necessary reporting for the assigned business group which includes report & escalate issues, key risks, control gaps, corrective actions, OREs and align them to the respective onshore Risk and Control Committees.
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Risk Management or Financial Services industry, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- 6-8 years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 5+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in risk management demonstrated through work.
- Good understanding of Process, Risk and Control and experience with RCSA (Risk Control Self Assessments)
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Demonstrated capability to confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge independently
- Good oral communication skills and strong written communication
- Attention to detail & critical deadlines
- Sound knowledge of MS Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Certification in Risk Management such as ORM/FRM/CISA is desirable
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to effectively listen and elicit information
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines coupled with experience renegotiating times lines when needed.
- Sound understanding of industry standards and best practices around risk management processes.
- Good knowledge of risk types, methodologies and frameworks for evaluating or testing controls and assessing results, conducting research, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Experience in assessing risk, reviewing risk ratings, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; additional experience analyzing business and/or systems changes to determine impact.
- Familiar with various quality assurance techniques.
- Proficient at influencing and consulting strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Balance strong, innovative problem solving skills with the practical ability to implement workable solutions to problems in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Shift Timings: 6.30 PM - 3.30 AM IST (Night Shift).
Posting End Date:
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.