Wells Fargo Technology
Technology at Wells Fargo is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Wells Fargo Technology (“Technology”) team leads technology for one of the highest market cap financial services institutions in the world, helping 76.6 million customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day, helping more end-customers every day – both in the United States and across the globe – than any other division in our company.
The Technology team helps customers directly every time they do business with the company, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of channel. The Technology team also helps customers by remaining trusted partners working with all lines of business to develop and deliver value-added products and services. To do this, the Technology team draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise. Altogether, the Technology team manages worldwide technology for more than 8,700 stores and 12,500 ATMs – larger than Starbucks and The Gap combined.
The office of the CTO has been tasked with the technology transformation of the firm. This includes leading and managing the cloud, Agile implementation, engineering, architecture, and all the tools, products, and training that will enable team members to achieve our transformation.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development and execution of complex digital business plans, programs and initiatives which have impact across the enterprise with broad impact
- Act as key participant in large-scale planning
- Review and analyze complex digital strategy for product/functionality/experience area
- Influence digital strategy for the business line requiring in-depth evaluation of multiple factors including intangibles or unprecedented factors
- Make decisions in digital strategy for product/functionality/experience area requiring strong understanding of the business, policies, procedures and/or compliance requirements
- Lead a broad team of digital professionals to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Strategically collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and mid-level to senior managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Potentially lead projects, teams or serve as a peer mentor
- 7+ years of digital product management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience serving cloud native analytical products to both technology and business partners
- 3+ years of experience with one of the big 3 CSPs
- 5+ years of experience as a technical product manager/owner
- 2+ years of experience with GCP services /Azure Services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to peers and executive leadership
- Ability to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written) with ability to communicate at multiple levels ranging from technologists to senior managers and executive leadership
- Client engagement
- Product management
- Agile work management
- Financial management
- Strong organizational skill
- Strong communication skill
- Risk & control
- Experience with Terraform and Terraform Enterprise
- Experience with cloud native CSP Logging and Monitoring services
Posting End Date:24 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.