Wells Fargo Technology
Technology at Wells Fargo is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Wells Fargo Technology (“Technology”) team leads technology for one of the highest market cap financial services institutions in the world, helping 76.6 million customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day, helping more end-customers every day – both in the United States and across the globe – than any other division in our company.
The Technology team helps customers directly every time they do business with the company, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of channel. The Technology team also helps customers by remaining trusted partners working with all lines of business to develop and deliver value-added products and services. To do this, the Technology team draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise. Altogether, the Technology team manages worldwide technology for more than 8,700 branches and 12,500 ATMs.
The office of the CTO has been tasked with the technology transformation of the firm. This includes leading and managing the cloud, Agile implementation, engineering, architecture, and all the tools, products, and training that will enable team members to achieve our transformation.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Delivery lead that will assist in delivering from traditional infrastructure towards containerization and Cloud-based deployments.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the transition from a traditional to contemporary infrastructure, enabling the best of breed containerization and hybrid-cloud approaches, using as a core driver for the firm.
The goal for this leader is to empower contemporary development, via Everything-as-Code, by building customer-driven, secure, sustainable, and extensible, Cloud capabilities and products to foster a product-orientated culture.
This role will work with the Azure Product Manager to build enablement products and work across teams to ensure the CTO organization delivers the product suite that empowers all developers across the firm.
In this role, you will:
- Assist product manager with gaining transparency to risks, dependencies, and impediments within and outside the product
- Assist product manger in the validation and updates to product procedures and ensuring the product is in compliance with risk and change management efforts
- Coordinate with other product managers and/or delivery leads for cross-product dependencies and feature delivery
- Understands a feature release's leading and lagging indicators to partner with the team and provide active thought leadership focused on continuous improvement
- Assist product manager with coordinating the delivery of committed outcomes of product
- Partner with the product team and transformation leadership to develop, lead and implement the communication and training strategies
- Support delivery coordinators and actively partner with them to enable product areas within the product
- 5+ of digital product management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud implementations with one or more of the following platforms – Google, Azure, AWS, Cloud Foundry
- 3+ years of experience with Jira management, software development life cycle and Agile development methodologies.
- 2+ Years of experience in Cloud Risk Management
- Knowledge of cloud native architecture, cloud tooling, DevOps and latest trends and practices
- Certification in Google Cloud, Azure Cloud or AWS
- Experience managing all technology development efforts of a major line of business
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the senior executive level
- Significant experience leading complex technology initiatives in a large and dynamic segment of a financial services organization
- Demonstrated vendor negotiation and partnership skills along with experience working with technology offshore vendor relationships
- Demonstrated prior experiences in effective engagement with senior executives and external regulators
- Ability to effectively drive and lead change in an organization with Wells Fargo’s size, scale and complexity
- Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing and retaining a high performing team of leaders, strong technical experts and high performing professionals in a cultural environment that achieves results through team member engagement and satisfaction
- Ability to develop technology strategy, operating model & roadmaps with clear objectives and aligned with business, enterprise and technology strategies Proven experience as a highly effective leader with credibility from demonstrating strong business and technology acumen
- Highly effective decision-making/critical thinking/problem solving skills with a collaborative and results-oriented leadership style
- Demonstrated ability to consult with key business partners and translate complex, technical concepts so that they are clearly understood along with the ability to effectively partner and influence at the senior executive level
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and partner effectively with regulators
- Demonstrated experience motivating and influencing groups or individuals across organizational boundaries to gain trust and confidence to make timely decisions
- Proven experience in establishing a vision, developing the strategy to support the vision, gaining consensus across key functional leadership through effective communication, and driving action towards the vision through the effective management of goals and objectives
- Excellent communication (oral and written) with ability to communicate at multiple levels ranging from technologists to senior managers and executive leadership
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
Pay Range$96,600.00 - $206,100.00
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
Posting End Date:31 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.