About this role:
We are seeking a Senior Developer and Architect to work in our core technology Electronic Trading team in Capital Markets. The candidate will be actively engaged in architecture, design, development, unit testing, and stress testing of a high performance framework for high-end Electronic Trading applications, and be a key participant in a highly talented delivery team for front-office trading development. The Electronic Trading application suite is built on common foundational frameworks, and is used to deliver sophisticated and complex front office trading solutions.
The candidate will be expected to solve software, and infrastructure problems in relation to complex trading processes, design and develop automated testing harnesses, recommend and implement solutions, participate in and conduct code review sessions, and provide process improvements. The candidate will additionally be expected to provide hands on technical support, advice, and consultation with open issues relating to supported applications plus assure quality, performance, security, trading risk controls, and compliance for those application platforms. Past experience in building electronic trading platforms and/or components is a huge plus.
We are keenly interested in high energy people with a passion to build common core high performant technology to be used across asset classes in Equities, Fixed Income, and FX.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains
- Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
- Mentor less experienced software engineers
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers
- Lead team to achieve objectives
- Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Specialty Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Development experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience of building large scale Java applications is needed.
- Computer Science education background
- In-depth knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Solid background in Linux commands, Linux system calls, Linux operating system features, and low latency system tuning is desired.
- Solid knowledge in threading, thread to thread communication, process management, data structure and thread synchronization, shared memory constructs, and finite state machine design and implementation.
- Working knowledge on networking protocols (TCP/IP, multicast) is a must.
- Knowledgeable in one or more leading vendor or open-source messaging platform.
- Ability to produce technology platforms of high capacity, high volume, high throughput and low latency.
- C++ development experience
- Experience in building market data distribution systems
- Working knowledge in building high capacity, high volume, low latency technology for Electronic Trading modules such as ALGO, Smart Order Router, and/or Order Management Systems.
- Server and desktop hardware knowledge.
- Infrastructure (Server, Network Cards, Storage and Networking) knowledge and infrastructure tuning.
- Experience in the Capital Markets business and processes.
- Product and development knowledge in one or more Electronic Trading asset classes in Equities, Fixed Income, and FX.
Posting End Date:7 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.