About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Analytics Consultant.
In this role, you will:
- Review and research moderately complex business, operational, and technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Perform complex financial and economic analysis and model development.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute primary and secondary customer market projects.
- Manage or participate on large cross group projects and mentor less experienced staff.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, external contractors, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Provide business and technical leadership to develop analytics team delivering across multiple WFCC project.
- Responsible for maintaining partner relationships, ensuring high quality team deliverables and SLA.
- Working closely with US partners, interacting closely with multiple business partners anchor program managers
- Work independently, foster a culture of healthy and efficient working for the team.
- Design and solving complex business problems by analytical techniques and tools.
- Will be involved directly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or advanced data visualization.
- Recommend potential data sources, compiles and mines data from multiple, cross business sources.
- Work with typically very large data sets, both structured and unstructured, and from multiple sources
- Develop specific, customized reports, ad hoc analyses and/or data visualizations, formatted with business user-friendly techniques to drive adoption, such as (1) Excel macros/pivoting/filtering, (2) PowerPoint slides and presentations, and (3) clear verbal and e-mail communications.
- Develop/ use mathematical analysis to track pricing trends using industry databases, catalogues and other sources. Efficient in studying consumer habits to determine customer pay behavior.
- Provide margin and pricing analysis.
- Work with senior consultants or directly with partners, responsible for identifying and defining business requirements and translating business needs into moderately complex analyses and recommendations.
- Work with local and international colleagues and with internal customers, responsible for identifying and defining business requirements and catering to business needs for the team.
- Ensure adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies.
- Apply knowledge of business, customers, and/or products/services/portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compared to industry perspective.
- Consult with business line and enterprise functions on less complex research.
- Use functional knowledge to assist in non-model quantitative tools that support strategic decision making.
- Perform analysis of findings and trends using statistical analysis and document process
- Present recommendations to increase revenue, reduce expense, maximize operational efficiency, quality, and compliance.
- Identify and define business requirements and translate data and business needs into research and recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Participate in all group technology efforts including design and implementation of database structures, analytics software, storage, and processing.
- Develop customized reports and ad hoc analyses to make recommendations and provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Understand compliance and risk management requirements for supported area.
- Ensure adherence to data management or data governance regulations and policies.
- Participate in company initiatives or processes to assist in meeting risk and capital objectives and other strategic goals.
- Collaborate and consult with more experienced consultants and with partners in technology and other business groups.
- 3-5+ experience in Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3-5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both with 2-3+ business analytics; or a MS/MA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- 2+ years of experience with SAS, SQL, or other data management, reporting, and query tools
- 2+ years of experience in creating solutions with aid of data visualization. This includes but not limited to developing and creating BI dashboards, working on end-to-end reports, deriving insights from data.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Collaborative, team-focused attitude
- Strong knowledge on statistics/Economics and how to generate insights from data.
- Independent thinker and problem solver
- 2+ years of experience in Customer/ Marketing / Sales Analytics
- Experience with reporting tools like Business Objects, QlikView, Tableau etc.
Posting End Date:
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.