Explore a risk career as a Master's student
The Corporate Risk Development program for Master’s students is designed to provide a blend of business and career development training opportunities that provides participants with fundamental risk capabilities and the tools needed for professional growth and career advancement at Wells Fargo.
Join our Talent Community to receive updates and job alerts associated with your profile. Select "Early Career/College" as your Career Status.
What will you do?
Your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Researching risk problems by determining root cause, establishing priorities, and analyzing different outcomes in order to recommend an appropriate solution
- Analyzing reporting and monitoring of data related to emerging risks
- Performing analysis that maximizes profits and/or asset growth, and minimizes credit and/or operating losses and other risk exposures
- Producing performance monitoring and benchmarks regarding growth, mix, delinquency, losses, and overall profitability and performance
- Participating in deliverable creation, executing standard operational risk program requirements, and developing and executing operational risk assurance
- Providing analytical support on credit, operating losses, and other product strategies to ensure company goals are met
Is this opportunity right for you?
Program structure and desired qualifications include:
- Full-time, 12-month program for graduating Master’s and MBA students
- 10-week summer internship for first-year Master’s and MBA students
- Master’s degree (all disciplines including MBA, Master’s in Data Sciences, Analytics, Engineering, etc.)
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to prepare written documentation, clearly defining proposals with supporting justification
- Ability to work independently but also to collaborate with internal partners in credit risk management and other applicable areas
- Exceptional vision and strategic orientation, and ability to influence a wide audience
- Knowledge and/or experience manipulating and analyzing large complex datasets with a programming language such as SAS, SQL, R, Matlab, Java, or Python
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
What does my future look like?
Potential career path after completion of the program could include:
- Operational Risk Senior Associate
- Market Risk Associate
- Market Risk Analytics Associate
- Credit Portfolio Consultant
- Credit Risk Analytic Consultant
- Compliance Senior Associate
Where are the opportunities?
Summer internship and full-time opportunities are located in:
- Charlotte, NC
- Minneapolis, MN
- Dallas, TX
Learn more about the application process
Back to University Programs page