Explore what it takes to be a Senior Strategy Consultant
As a Senior Strategy Consultant, you will work alongside Wells Fargo’s strategy teams and provide strategic advice, subject matter expertise, and innovative solutions to Wells Fargo businesses and top executives.
Wells Fargo is focused on developing future strategy, digital and business leaders through its Strategy Rotational Program. Those in Program rotate within our corporate strategy and business strategy teams. These strategy teams work across the company’s lines of business and enterprise functions to set a strategic direction and set of prioritized initiatives to deliver an integrated regional bank at national scale to the individuals, small and medium sized companies, large companies and institutions we serve.
Join our Talent Community to receive updates and job alerts associated with your profile. Select the "Early Career" category as your area of interest.
What will you do?
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying, gathering and analyzing appropriate data and driving the insights that inform strategic recommendation
- Conducting competitive assessments, customer and industry research, and financial analysis as an input to understanding Wells Fargo’s relative market position
- Evaluating strategic options and developing recommendations for lines of business or enterprise-wide projects, typically in partnership with strategy colleagues and cross-functional stakeholders
- Delivering solutions and recommendations and guiding execution/implementation (as appropriate) of business and cross business strategic priorities
- Developing presentations and other documents for senior management independently and in partnership with other team members
- Providing strategic consulting services to client organizations leveraging gained industry knowledge and building expertise regarding Wells Fargo
Is this opportunity right for you?
- Formal 2-3 year rotational program for top talent focused on developing strategy, digital, and business leaders
- Participate in multiple rotations in business and/or corporate strategy teams lasting ~9-12 months each
- Develop subject matter and functional expertise while having a meaningful impact on business and functions at Wells Fargo (WF)
- Advance “soft” and technical skills through formal structured “in class” and “on the job” training and development opportunities
- Develop a strong network of peers within and outside the cohort
- Prior financial services, consulting, or strategy experience (minimum of 4 years of experience).
- Experience with strategy development and implementation
- Knowledge and understanding of financial products and services
- Experience using business knowledge and critical thinking
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder, partner, or client needs while consulting
- Ability to evaluate risks and the impact of decisions on an overall organization
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Experience communicating and presenting complex information to multiple levels of the organization
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) with an expected graduation date of May-June 2024
What does my future look like?
Potential career paths after completion of the program could include:
- Advancement to a Lead Strategy Consultant and alignment full-time to a business strategy team
- Advancement to a non-strategy role within the broader SDI organization (e.g., Digital) or Wells Fargo
Where are the opportunities?
Full-time opportunities are located in:
- Charlotte, NC
- New York, NY
Learn more about the application process.
Back to University Programs page.