Compensation and pay equity principles at Wells Fargo
To attract and retain talented employees, Wells Fargo offers a total compensation package, including salary, benefits, and incentive pay opportunities, that is competitive with those offered by our key competitors in the businesses and markets where we operate.
- Our compensation principles. Our compensation program is designed to be consistent with our four compensation principles of paying for performance, fostering a risk management culture, attracting and retaining top talent, and encouraging the creation of long-term stockholder value.
Wells Fargo is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices and we regularly review our compensation programs and practices for pay equity.
- Our pay equity review process.
- We conduct an objective, statistical pay equity analysis annually. We include both gender and race/ethnicity in our reviews.
- The results of the review are shared with our Board’s Human Resources Committee.
- Based on our pay equity reviews, we take appropriate actions so that our employees continue to be paid fairly and equitably.
- We are committed to conducting on-going pay equity reviews and continuing to enhance our processes.
In addition, Wells Fargo is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best-qualified, most diverse group of employees. That includes:
- Building a diverse pipeline of candidates for positions at all levels of the company, including leadership positions,
- Investing in our future workforce, and
- Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion awareness through education and training.
Additional information about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts can be found in our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report and our DE&I Report.
Wells Fargo’s Board of Directors, through its Human Resources Committee, oversees the Company’s human capital management practices, including our talent management and succession planning process, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and pay equity reviews.