Financial Analyst Program
Explore a lending career supporting middle-market and/or large corporate clients with Wells Fargo while building the professional skills and network to take you further by joining the Financial Analyst Program. You will take part in exclusive training and networking opportunities that will develop your credit understanding and professional skills.
Join our Talent Community to receive updates and job alerts associated with your profile - select "college & early career" category.
What will you do?
Your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
· Analyzing a company's financial, operational, and management strengths and weaknesses to identify potential capital, balance sheet, and reputation risks
· Proactively identifying credit issues or challenges early on in the underwriting process and recommending ways to further mitigate risk
· Partnering with relationship teams to structure and propose new credit transactions as well as coordinate customer due diligence, documentation, and loan closing processes while including strategic product partners when appropriate
· Preparing annual company financial reviews and underwriting memos focused on a company's leverage, key risk factors, repayment sources, cash flow, and ability to service debt
· Assessing the client's ability to repay debt and comply with financial covenants
· Participating in web and classroom-based training to enhance your knowledge of Wells Fargo and your credit and lending skills
Is this opportunity right for you?
Program structure and desired qualifications include:
· Full-time program for seniors. Program length varies but averages 2.5 years.
· Summer internship for sophomores and juniors. Program length is 10 weeks.
· Open to all majors with a demonstrated interest financial services and working with corporate clients
· Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, and a high level of initiative and accountability
What does my future look like?
Potential career path after completion of the program could include:
· Credit Analyst
· Relationship Manager
· Portfolio Manager
· Advanced credit training opportunities
Where are the opportunities?
· You will be placed in one of the following credit and lending businesses based on hiring need:
· Middle Marketing Banking: Delivers a comprehensive suite of products and industry expertise to serve the diverse financial needs of companies with annual sales ranging from $5 million to $2 billion. As a leader in serving commercial customers, Wells Fargo offers financial services including credit and treasury management solutions as well as specialized expertise across industries including Technology, Food, Beverage & Agribusiness, Investor Real Estate and Government.
· Commercial Capital: A market leader in providing working capital, sales financing, investment capital, trust services, strategic capital, global receivables and trade finance, and renewables project finance serving customers through six core businesses: Capital Finance, Distribution Finance, Equipment Finance, Global Receivables & Trade Finance, Renewable Energy & Environmental Finance, and Specialty Finance.
· Wholesale Credit: Responsible for overseeing the credit, model, and reputational risks associated with each of the Wholesale Banking lines of businesses. This group has oversight for all Wholesale credit decisions and portfolios.
· Internship and full-time opportunities are located in major metropolitan areas nationwide based on business need
Learn more about the Application Process
Back to University Programs Home Page
Click link to Meet our Team Members