Wells Fargo is seeking a Head of Reporting within the Asia Pacific Finance organization. The Asia Pacific Finance team is responsible for supporting the business on the regional strategy by identifying, sizing, and executing on growth opportunities and efficiencies at the top of senior management’s agendas, maintaining effective internal controls on the preparation of regulatory, tax, legal entity and management reporting financials, delivering on regional infrastructure and platform initiatives, and monitoring and managing the capital, liquidity, tax and regulatory reporting requirements across the Asia Pacific region. This role will be primarily focused on delivering high quality statutory and regulatory reporting, maintaining effective internal controls, and providing accounting and reporting requirements in support of new systems and tools.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Provides leadership of teams responsible for the preparation and review of local and US/SEC regulatory reporting
- Drives and contributes to infrastructure projects such as the deployment of systems and integration of accounting and reporting requirements to comply with US and local standards
- Ensures consistency in the delivery of internal controls and compliance with increasing and rapidly changing US, SEC, and local regulatory and tax reporting requirements
- Partners with key internal stakeholders namely the local leaders in the business, risk/compliance, regulatory relations, operations, HR and technology to ensure compliance with corporate policies and local regulations
- Provides input, insight and challenge into cost allocations with a strong understanding of various transfer pricing methodologies including income attribution
- Responsible for the governance and controls over financial reporting and works closely with internal and external auditors
- Partners with the Tax team to ensure legal entity compliance with in-country tax regulations on both corporate income and indirect/transactional taxes
- Participates in the issues management process on behalf of Finance including the escalation, reporting, and remediation of financial reporting errors and control deficiencies
- Supports the Governance & Oversight Framework in partnership with the Enterprise Control & Oversight function by implementing effective internal financial reporting controls
- Ensures Enterprise priorities are met on documentation and control initiatives including process mapping, RCSA, and business continuity
- Supports local teams to ensure complete and accurate books and records are maintained in compliance with corporate policy and local requirements
- Collaborates with local leaders and other related departments on expense requirements, expense budgeting, and cash funding requirements
- Performs financial analyses and able to provide value-added comments to senior management
- Leads and assists internal/external audits or regulatory queries
- Degree holder with 10+ years or above experience
- Experience in local (Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan) and US/SEC regulatory reporting
- Strong track record of managing and delivering change including ability to demonstrate strong technical proficiency of IFRS, USGAAP and in-country GAAP
- Demonstrates expert industry knowledge and leverages regulatory and business experience and technical expertise to challenge the norm and implement best practices
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to interact with team members at all levels and achieve goals without direct control over resources in some cases
- Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SQL, VBA, Tableau, Alteryx, Essbase
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.