About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Information Security Engineer with experience or education in tactical cyber-attack evaluation, exploit testing and analysis, cyber intelligence, and red or purple teaming. The ideal candidate will have experience in using tactical expertise in exploit testing, and exploit proof-of-concept development and analysis, to identify over-the-horizon cyber-attack vectors that may pose a risk to the company’s information security environment. The candidate will also have experience partnering with cyber defenders to resolve identified capability gaps. The team member will need to have experience in conducting technical research and identifying methods to detect emerging cyber threats, emulating full-life cycle cyber-attack methodologies, and have a deep, technical understanding of evolving Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded understanding of endpoint/network defenses and detection methodologies, or incident response, in addition to an expertise in how adversarial cyber threat actors think and attack. Regular collaboration with multiple teams such as the Cyber Threat Fusion Center, Security Content Development, Cyber Threat Intelligence, and Offensive Security teams will be critical to success.
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in computer security incident response activities for moderately complex events
- Conduct technical investigation of security related incidents and post incident digital forensics to identify causes and recommend future mitigation strategies
- Provide security consulting on medium projects for internal clients to ensure conformity with corporate information, security policy, and standards
- Design, document, test, maintain, and provide issue resolution recommendations for moderately complex security solutions related to networking, cryptography, cloud, authentication and directory services, email, internet, applications, and endpoint security
- Review and correlate security logs
- Utilize subject matter knowledge in industry leading security solutions and best practices to implement one or more components of information security such as availability, integrity, confidentiality, risk management, threat identification, modeling, monitoring, incident response, access management, and business continuity
- Identify security vulnerabilities and issues, perform risk assessments, and evaluate remediation alternatives
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Information Security Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 4 + years of experience with technical project coordination associated with Red Team, Purple Team, Blue Team Assessments or offensive security research assessment
- 3+ years of experience managing cybercrime detection, investigation, and intelligence strategies
- 3+ years of information security experience including experience in one or more of the following security disciplines: information security monitoring, incident response, vulnerability management, host/network forensics, cyber-crime investigation, penetration testing, business continuity, or cyber threat intelligence
- 2+ years of Splunk experience
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
- Certifications in one or more of the following: Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP), Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE), Offensive Security Exploitation Expert (OSEE), or Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE).
- Experience conducting project meetings, presentations and status reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of data security controls including malware protection, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, content filtering, Internet proxies, encryption controls, and log management solutions
- Knowledge of offensive security, with the ability to think like an adversary when hunting and responding to incidents
- Experience with multiple operating systems to include Windows, Mac OS, and Unix/Linux
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Pay Range$84,000.00 - $149,400.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.