At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Control Management Officer to support the Risk ID and Assessment programs for the Enterprise Functions (EF) team. EF comprises of Finance, HR, Public Affair and Legal functions. These enterprise functions develops and implements operational strategies to support Wells Fargo’s business objectives. We work together to make Wells Fargo an employer of choice. Our operating foundation is based on our ability to operate efficiently, develop employees, strengthen controls, comply with regulations and scale technology infrastructure
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives designed to mitigate current and emerging risks with broad impact
- Act as key participant in monitoring, evaluating, and measuring the impact of decisions practiced in Control Management functional area
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs, and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk-mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Develop and implement risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations, and provide guidance in developing and implementing risk-mitigating strategies
- Lead Control Management project or virtual teams
- Be responsible for driving end to end risk & control related programs and related requirements / activities
- Create testing framework and sustainable working solutions for any new control related activities / requirements
- Demonstrate thorough functional understanding as a subject matter expert
- Design & implement risk reviews, assessment methodologies & framework
- Development and maintenance of risk assessment strategies, methodologies and related processes / procedures
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyze business and/or system changes to determine impact, identify and assess operational risk issues and assigns risk ratings consistent with established policy standards
- Assess applicability & redraft / implement policies and procedures in alignment with Control Management roles & responsibilities
- Perform ongoing monitoring & validation of policy exceptions
- Facilitate Enterprise Risk Identification and Assessment programs
- Drive periodic controls review & facilitate attestation programs and enable reporting to senior management
- Demonstrate documentation abilities / skills to support the role requirements
- Support regulatory reviews, and its and other compliance activities, including periodic risk & controls reporting to leadership teams and other governance routines and other control programs / projects in partnership with accountable business groups
- Provide guidance to new, less experienced team members
- Drive continuous improvement & transformation initiatives to enable new opportunities for process efficiencies
- Consult on complex RCSA and ERIA requirements and drive thought leadership with working with various stakeholders
- Establish appropriate quality check and controls on the data and reports produced by the team
- Build to a certain degree, may be involved directly or indirectly in the technical build-out and/or support of database/BI tool like Tableau and prepare relevant dashboards
- Manage multiple project timelines concurrently
- Support the Function in metric / measure development for key risk indicators, and monitor risk metrics on an ongoing basis
- Partner with the Function to ensure that breaches are escalated according to the Risk Policies
- Manage communication and collaboration with function heads, Corporate Risk, Legal, Audit and regulators regarding risk management of business-specific risk programs
- Foster relationships with global and regional stakeholders and manage conflicts (if any)
- 5+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Strong knowledge of the Operational Risk Framework and disciplines primarily in the Banking industry and its related operations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner, across all levels of the organization
- Ability to produce high-quality reports and documentation
- Strong time management skills and the demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must have demonstrated strong technical writing skills including the proven ability to clearly document activities, processes and test results
- Experience with developing and creating documentation for support and training activities
- Critical thinking and Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong comprehension/ability to learn technology tools, communication & analytical skills
- Proficiency with MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS-Visio.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to deliver training sessions / control awareness programs to internal teams and business groups
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.