About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Principal Engineer...
In this role, you will:
- Act as an advisor to leadership to develop or influence applications, network, information security, database, operating systems, or web technologies for highly complex business and technical needs across multiple groups
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring in-depth evaluation across multiple areas or the enterprise, delivering solutions that are long-term, large-scale and require vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical and inductive thinking
- Translate advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions
- Provide vision, direction and expertise to leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations or provide a competitive advantage to the organization
- Strategically engage with all levels of professionals and managers across the enterprise and serve as an expert advisor to leadership
Developer Relations is leadership role, charged with building a culture of engineering-excellence for Wells Fargo technologists. This is done through workshops, blog posts, communities of practice, mentoring, coaching, building examples, and facilitating learning. The role will join the existing Developer Relations team, establishing a vision for how to advocate for and to developers. Developer Advocates demonstrate a strong sense of right and wrong, and an ability to challenge the status quo at all levels of the organization, while applying strong influencing skills.
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 5+ years of relationship management experience with business and technology partners
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Experience in education, facilitation, or community engagement (For example: Building and delivering training, teaching at the university level, speaking at conferences, creating and leading Communities of Practice)
- Moderate level of experience with Scrum and Kanban at scale
- Transformation Agent: Demonstrable examples of challenging the status quo, even when it means challenging people in positions of authority
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the executive level
- Experience managing large technology development efforts within a major line of business
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and execution
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- 5+ years of budget management experience
- A high level of comfort working with ambiguity or uncertainty and converting information into quantifiable concepts.
- Deep level of experience with at least one modern development language (.NET preferred)
- Deep level understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery behaviors, both as a practitioner and mentoring others
- Moderate level understanding of cloud development practices (private and public), with hands on experience as a developer
- Previous experience in a Developer Relations or Technical Evangelist role
- Scrum Master or Agile Coach experience (LeSS experience preferred)
- Experience building and/or maintaining a CICD pipeline
- Experience in more than one public cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.