At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Manager to manage and underwrite an assigned group of relationships and commercial real estate loans.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze and underwrite new loan opportunities within the assigned portfolio, utilizing market research, internal loan information, client data, and third-party market research
- Assist in the management of a portfolio of commercial real estate loans and investments within Real Estate Banking, our primary balance sheet lending CRE platform
- In conjunction with senior team members, review and make recommendations for approval (or denial) of loan requests, lease approvals, collateral releases, requests for letters of credit, funding of reserves/loan holdbacks, loan extensions and loan modifications
- Collaborate with coverage bankers to develop strategies around relationship optimization and deal-level execution including screening, underwriting, negotiating, closing, and asset management of loans
- Interface with customers to assist in identifying needs and maintaining strong relationships
- Perform both sponsorship and loan level financial analysis
- Complete in-depth property level analysis and market research
- Collaborate with senior team members to present and advocate to credit committee for approval of loans
- Work with outside counsel, internal compliance, and our loan closing teams to close modifications and new loans including review of third-party reports and loan documentation
- Review and approve construction loan draws
- Conduct quarterly and annual portfolio reviews to identify potential concerns
- Conduct property tours
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the local commercial real estate market
- Maintain general knowledge of Wells Fargo products and services to best deliver the firm to the client
- 2+ years of Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of commercial real estate origination underwriting and portfolio management experience
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships while actively participating in the successful execution of complex transactions
- Familiarity with various commercial property types
- Experience evaluating market conditions and identifying appropriate comparable properties utilizing tools such as CoStar and ARGUS
- Ability to apply sound judgment in the application of analytical conclusions to credit approval, structure, and management recommendations
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel including various accounting and finance functions
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to travel domestically
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.