About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Analytics Consultant as part of Internal Audit. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role, you will:
- Lead business partner and audit team meetings for subject areas.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in more than one data analytics tool to identify trends and anomalies related to processes, risks and controls.
- Navigate within large complex technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis testing.
- Execute audit testing in line with Internal Audit policy, procedures, guidelines and IIA standards.
- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking skills and the ability to understand the alignment of data analytics to business processes, risks and controls and the impacts to the business.
- Train team members how to identify risks and apply data analytics to verify the risks are fully mitigated.
- Effectively document the analysis in accordance with audit policy.
- Train and mentor audit teams in the use of data analysis and data analysis tools.
- Partner with assigned audit teams to build expertise in the use of data analysis within the internal audit function.
- 4+ years of Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience synthesizing concise insights from complex data
- Experience performing complex data analysis
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, trends and present findings and actionable recommendations to business leaders
- 4+ years of experience with SQL or SAS programming including writing code to automate solutions of medium to high technical complexity
- Experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to obtain or currently hold one or more of the following certifications: SAS Certified Big Data Professional, SAS Certified Data Scientist, Certification of Professional Achievement in Data Sciences, Certified Analytics Professional, CFE, CIA, CISA, CPA, CAMS, or CRCM
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
- Proven analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to develop operational reporting and perform complex data analysis
- Experience in data processing, database programming, and/or data analytics
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo businesses, systems of record, and data warehouses
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and processes
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time2
Salary Range for Denver, CO Residents ONLY - 73,100.00 - 129,900.00 USD Annual
Pay Range$73,100.00 - $129,900.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.