The Corporate & Investment Banking Control organization serves as the front line of risk management and is accountable for assessing and effectively managing all associated risks for their groups. This team works to ensure internal controls, processes, and procedures are adequate and effective, and executive management understands the risks, exposures, and trends that impact the business. The position will be responsible for leading risk identification, assessment, escalation, and mitigation strategies, and will perform programmatic day to day risk and control activities in support of and partnership with front line business teams. The position will support execution of the Control function to meet regulatory commitments on time and with sustainable quality, while measurably improving the Wells Fargo control environment. The group also collaborates on projects and initiatives by providing support and awareness of risks and mitigating control solutions. As part of the CRE Controlaligned business control team, this role will focus on direct support of the Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA) and other risk program initiatives for these organizations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support reporting, timelines and routines for all Risk Management Framework related risk programs impacting Commercial Real Estate business coverage areas.
- Support Control work efforts to collect, document and assess business risk and controls across the CRE business units.
- Coordinate with business and support partners for creation of Self-Disclosed issues in Issues Management system of record and assessment of issue applicability among the CRE business units.
- Support of the inventory of business processes, internal testing, audit, regulatory engagements outputs and the integration with RCSA, as applicable.
- Continuously engage in discussions with LOB partners on strategy, industry trends, organizational changes, and new/modified markets, systems, products and services, to determine impact and identify and remediate risk and control issues across all risk types
- Responsible for issue management by documenting and assessing control weaknesses and operational risk incidents using methods such as root cause analysis
- Consult with business process owners to develop corrective action plans and control redesign. Oversee implementation progress and conduct control evaluation efforts as required
- Support projects and issues spanning multiple CRE business units, coordinating with the business and internal support partners while monitoring progress to ensure work remains on track to meet deliverable dates
- Establish and update recurring and timely reports on risks, initiatives, and deliverables for communication with business leaders and risk partners
- Develop business cases to influence process owners, control owners, business sponsors, and key risk partners on the need for additional or improved controls to mitigate risk; Work with the business and support teams to provide operational risk expertise and consulting for projects and platform initiatives, taking into account impacts to risk & control framework
- Monitor and evaluate emerging risks, operational trends, and external events for potential impact to the control environment in context of RCSA
- University degree in Business, Finance, or related discipline
- Strong operational risk domain knowledge/experience
- Strong understanding of Process, Risk and Control and experience with RCSA
- Extensive front line direct experience with developing and/or executing risk and control assessment programs.
- Demonstrated capability to confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge independently.
- Extensive knowledge of Target State RCSA, process, purpose, scope, the RAU Owners roles and responsibilities roles, accountabilities and deliverables
- Strong knowledge of products, services, applicable regulations and policies, business processes, systems and customers in Commercial Real Estate
- Experience in large and complex banking institutions, risk management leadership experience in multi-jurisdictional global financial institution
- Proven experience with Enterprise Risk Identification process; proven track record building and implementing risk programs
- Direct experience in operational risk reporting and escalation programs
- Prior experience in risk process improvement, standardization and automation of business and control processes, quality assurance and control routines, and risk and control metrics and reporting.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in risk management practices and applicable systems and applications used at Wells Fargo
- Ability to effectively communicate and lead discussions with a large number of stakeholders
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) concepts and policies across risk types (regulatory, financial crimes, credit, operational, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize data and observations from a variety of sources, deliver succinct summaries (both verbal and written), and enact response quickly
- Capable of diagnosing business needs, conceptualizing and initiating planning, organizing the enlistment of response teams, and the implementation and management of change
- Personal ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.