About this role:
Wells Fargo’s Global Receivables and Trade Finance team (“GRT”) supports companies with a broad range of trade and receivables products, providing a holistic approach to an enterprise’s working capital risk mitigation and financing needs. GRT is seeking a dynamic, results oriented, Lead Commercial Lending Underwriter to head up the underwriting process on a variety of secured lending financings including Key Accounts Purchase Programs (KAP), Supplier Finance Programs (SF) and Accounts Receivable Securitization Facilities (ARS).
In this role, you will:
- Lead an underwriting team to meet project deliverables, while leveraging solid understanding of secured lending underwriting functional area, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements. In coordination with mid-level management, colleagues, and support resources, specific actions will include:
- Traditional credit underwriting of large corporate financial counterparties,
- Management, coordination, review and resolution of third party field exam process and findings,
- Management of the compliance (“KYC”) process to ensure conformity with BSA/AML and Wells Fargo Bank requirements,
- In conjunction with legal counsel, lead the structuring and negotiation of legal documentation for Key Account Purchase Facilities and Securitization Facilities, and any other third party documentation to include intercreditor agreements, deposit account control agreements, etc.,
- Loan grading to ensure compliance with guidelines,
- Lead the structuring and completion of the ARS servicer report model in conformity with S&P Trade Receivables Securitization Criteria
- Collaborate closely with both the originations team, and with the portfolio teams to ensure steady information flow and good deal hand offs
- Review and analyze business challenges within the underwriting functional area that require an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Collaborate and consult with underwriting peers, colleagues, and middle level managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Lead secured lending underwriting projects and teams, or serve as a mentor to junior teammates
- 5+ years of Secured Lending Underwriting experience, or equivalent experience demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of experience with securitization or asset based lending
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills
- Strong analytical skills, with heightened attention to detail and accuracy. Strong verbal and written
- Experience with trade receivables securitization facilities
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.