About the Role
This role is in the Issue Validation team within Independent Testing & Validation. Issue Validation team operates as a second line of defense over Enterprise Functions of Wells Fargo. The team is an integral part of the Company’s control environment and provides credible challenge to front line of businesses on the process/controls implemented as part of corrective action for gaps/risk identified during various testing.
Market Job Description :
Responsibilities of the Independent Testing Specialist role include, but are not limited to:
- May serve in either a validation execution and/or lead capacity, evaluating new process/control implemented as part of corrective action, ensuring risk mitigation and address root cause
- Credibly challenge the front line of business on the sustainability of process/control implemented and evaluate controls designed to ensure mitigation of risk identified
- Partnering with business partners to understand the process/control environment and related initiatives to develop scope/approach for validation and develop appropriate and complementary testing procedures
- In depth analysis of evidence and detailed documentation of corrective action/control implemented, validation procedures, test steps, test results and timely escalation of exceptions identified
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment
- Decision making ability to conclude issue as successful or unsuccessful on the basis of validation and testing of process/control and provide appropriate recommendation accordingly to line of business
- 3+ years of relevant experience in risk management or control testing (includes external/internal audit, compliance, operational risk, credit risk, market risk)
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: processes, compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- Experience with internal control testing
- Big four public accounting experience
- A BCOM degree (or equivalent) or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Audit or Risk Management
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent designation
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Specialized knowledge or prior controls testing or review experience
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance, control, and business process testing
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders or executives
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with lines of business and technology. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.