About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Legal EEO Consultant in the Employment Division of the Legal Department. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role, you will:
- Analyze and respond to legal claims pending with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) and related state agencies by current and former employees
- Submit the company's response to employment discrimination claims filed before an agency or legal letters submitted by the employee’s attorney
- Attend mediations, settlement conferences and agency investigations, including drafting settlement documents
- Provide clear and effective position statements for the handling, tracking, and execution of risks
- Analyze and advise management, counsel, and support staff of high risk and high exposure cases for Wells Fargo
- Respond to and address cases with moderate to high risk and complexity
- Provide in-depth consultation to all levels of management, counsel, and support staff from early case planning through production and case close in high pressure situations handling multiple priorities
- Identify opportunities for process improvements within scope of responsibilities
- Participate in employment related work teams and activities within the Legal Department
- Assist in preservation scoping including identifying custodians, interviewing custodians, and determining relevant data repositories
- Determine potential high risk exposure cases for Wells Fargo
- Recommend clear solutions based on research
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues, internal partners, and manager
- 2+ years of Employment Laws and Policies including reviews, evaluation, and response to Equal Employment Opportunities or employment claims and grievances experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience investigating merits of administratively filed employment claims and evaluating legal risk of those claims
- Experience writing persuasive legal responses to the EEOC and related state agencies, including responding to letters submitted by the employee’s attorney
- Experience conducting research, analyzing and responding to discrimination cases
- Knowledge of employment law and anti-discrimination law
- Experience participating in agency onsite investigations, legal negotiations, mediations, and settlement conferences
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters
- Effective in building partnerships, functioning well with project teams, and working for the success of the team
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.