About the Role
The role of Lead Analytics consultant requires managing multiple functional lines in Wells Fargo Commercial Banking Business to support modeling, reporting and advanced analytics through multiple teams. The key requirement for the role is the ability to understanding the business objectives, formulating the reporting & analytic solution and execute/ implement to deliver the solution. This is an individual contributor role with added responsibility of providing technical & functional leadership to junior team.
- Providing business and technical leadership to develop reporting & analytics team delivering across multiple projects within CB Operations
- Responsible for maintaining partner relationships, ensuring high quality team deliverables and SLAs
- Designing and solving complex business problems by reporting/analytical techniques and tools
- Works with typically very large data sets, both structured and unstructured, and from multiple sources
- Develops specific, customized reports, ad hoc analyses and/or data visualizations, formatted with business user-friendly techniques to drive adoption, such as (1) Excel macros/pivoting/filtering, (2) PowerPoint slides and presentations, and (3) clear verbal and e-mail communications
- Works with seniors in the team or directly with partners, responsible for identifying and defining business requirements and translating business needs into moderately complex analyses and recommendations.
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies
- Applies knowledge of business, customers, and/or products/services/portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
- Ability to work overlap hours with US team
- Shift 1:30-10:30 pm
- 8 - 10+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a MS/MA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- 6+ years of experience with Alteryx, SSIS, SQL, or other data management, reporting, and query tools
- 6+ years of experience in Tableau development- creating solutions with aid of data visualization. This includes but not limited to developing and creating BI dashboards, working on end to end reports, deriving insights from data
- Portfolio Monitoring using Descriptive and Diagnostic Analytics using data mining and analysis tools like SAS, R, Python
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Ability to work independently and ensure alignment to overall business goals
- Experience with advanced analytics techniques (Statistical Modeling, Forecasting, AI/ML applications
- Prior Wholesale/ Commercial Banking experience
- Prior people management experience
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.