About this role:
The Wells Fargo Legal Department is seeking an experienced attorney to join its Commercial Banking division to support Global Receivables and Trade Finance product, sales and operations teams. For additional information on this line of business, refer to the external Careers Site at Wellsfargo.com/career.
Global Receivables and Trade Finance offers global financial products and services, including commercial and standby letters of credit, to customers of Wells Fargo’s Commercial Banking and Corporate and Investment Banking, divisions.
Experience with letters of credit and other trade products is preferred, but the Legal Department is willing to train an attorney for this role. Experience in commercial lending (syndicated and bilateral), cross border commercial transactions (lending, export and import), or treasury operations will provide a solid foundation for success in this role.
This attorney will (a) advise international trade services operations on letter of credit related issues, (b) negotiate letter of credit reimbursement agreements and related collateral documentation, (c) coordinate legal research relating to cross border international business, (d) review resolutions and certificates of incumbency, (e) collaborate with legal and operational teams in various jurisdictions to manage risks, and (f) provide legal guidance with respect to international standard banking rules such as the ISP98, UCP600, UCC Article 5 and other applicable laws and regulations relating to trade finance products.
In this role you will:
- Provide guidance to management on legal and regulatory matters impacting business strategy and policy or claims against the Company.
- Proactively identify policy, legal, and regulatory matters pertaining to area of expertise, and evaluate the legal risk and impact.
- Independently resolve moderately complex issues and lead team to meet deliverables
- Exercise considerable discretion and may serve as the primary legal contact for assigned clients.
- Collaborate within the department and across business and staff functions to address legal and risk issues in a manner consistent with the best interests of Wells Fargo.
- Coach, mentor, and provide oversight for less experienced attorneys or staff
- Lead initiatives of varying scope and complexity.
**Due to a city-wide mandate in New York City, all individuals who perform in-person work or interact with the public during business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an approved accommodation to be exempt from being fully vaccinated. Currently, this position falls under the scope of this mandate. **
- 4+ years of Law experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Active State Bar membership
- Experience as a practicing attorney
- Trade finance/factoring/supply chain finance or asset-based lending experience
- Commercial lending experience (syndicated and bilateral)
- Experience working with international banking operations and/or international payments
- Relevant experience in global commercial transactions including cross border credit agreements and trade finance
- Experience analyzing legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective counsel to clients on complex legal matters.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration.
- Strong judgment, communication and leadership skills in guiding and influencing management, including senior management
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Pay Range$120,400.00 - $250,000.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.