About the Role:
Enterprise Counterparty Risk Management (ECRM) is responsible for providing independent risk management over counterparty risk across all lines of business, both domestic and international. The team oversees front line execution of its risk management responsibilities in accordance with the Risk Management Framework. ECRM opines on the strategy and performance of all counterparty activities and provides a companywide view of counterparty risk to senior management and the Board of Directors.
The role involves developing and refining counterparty credit risk system and management tools. Enhancing the bank’s ability to accurately quantify counterparty exposures by ensuring accurate trade and supporting data handling processes and model integration into the Counterparty risk monitoring and reporting platform. Providing first line of support for Counterparty Risk System platform.
In this role, you will:
- Design solutions by clearly defining and documenting business requirements, processes and methodologies that are needed to develop and support Counterparty Risk Management systems including:
- Ensuring complete trade population and data elements to correctly generate required risk measures
- Capturing limit approvals including BQR/CQR ratings.
- Framework to manage applicable Netting agreements including determination of netting and collateral enforceability
- Integrating approved models into the platform to generate and aggregate limits across multiple legal and product hierarchies
- Workflow/approval management life cycle of limit breach and tenor violations
- Data generation, aggregation, and archiving to support management, regulatory and other reporting needs
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: trading, desk analyst, Capital Markets, market risk, interest rate risk or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Advanced SQL skills – experience with understanding and editing existing SQL queries
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required to identify root causes, define patterns and collaborate with stakeholders to design sustainable and logical production processes
- Ability to articulate and document complex concepts in a clear, concise manner
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, business, mathematics, or a quantitative, technical or related field
- Analyze and document data lineage through a large risk measures computational batch ETL platform
- Leverage machine learning methods to identify anomalies and trends on large time series data sets
- Leverage machine learning methods to classify support tickets and build a support recommender
- Analyze and develop a knowledge repository for a large set of ETL batch jobs, in order to recommend best execution path and ongoing batch support
- Perform data analysis for various risk projects, and define data validation rules and default rules
- Troubleshoot data governance issues working with Counterparty Technology team and Data Sourcing/Quality teams
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.