About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Corporate Banking Associate.
The Corporate Banking Associate will be responsible for developing and managing banking relationships with high quality German and European corporate clients, also assisting with developing and implementing strategic relationship plans for those customers.
Working with CBG verticals to increase the Bank’s market share among US subsidiaries of parent companies head-quartered in the assigned territory. Providing in-country support to subsidiaries of US customers operating in Germany and other assigned European countries.
Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness and Probity Regime
This position is designated as a Controlled Function 4 (CF-4) role under Part 3 of the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 (sections 20 and 22) and as such is subject to the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness and Probity Regime. Individuals who perform a CF role must have a level of fitness and probity appropriate to the performance of that particular function and must comply with WFBI’s Fitness and Probity policy.
A team member who performs a CF-4 role arranges financial services for WFBI customers.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required).
In this role, you will:
- Focus on structuring and executing transactions and support more senior staff with financial/credit analysis for corporate customers.
- Representing the bank in developing and maintaining client relationships with smaller/fewer complex clients.
- Actively participating with more senior staff in the completion of transactions for the most important clients.
- Reviewing and interpreting credit policies and procedures and incorporating requirements into credit analysis, observations, and lending recommendations.
- Responsible for developing presentation materials for client meetings and internal discussions.
- May take ownership of and lead follow-up items with a client after a call; sees items through to resolution to support broader deal team/organization.
- Present recommendations for growing and maintaining a portfolio of profitable clients in assigned market through pro-active, strategic, and consistent business development and client retention.
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in one or a combination of the following: underwriting, credit, relationship management, or portfolio management. Corporate Finance, M&A, or Capital Markets would be helpful.
- Degree educated.
- Fluent in German and English. Preferably experience in the German bank market. 3rd European language would be preferable.
- Strong accounting skills and ability to analyse financial statements
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong understanding of CIB products, services, and credit structures.
- Working knowledge of product areas including Treasury Management, debt capital markets, interest rate risk management, and/or foreign exchange.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Exhibit a desire to become a key contributor to a strong and successful team.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Expected travel within region <25%.
English and German, as well as ideally another European language.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.