About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Systems Operations Engineer...
In this role, you will:
- Lead Application/Platform support services for Digital Applications
- Responsible for support functions and driving the execution of multiple Application/Platform support services including incident triage, root cause analysis, change evaluation-execution-validation, deployment management, BCP and risk & vulnerability management, patching, monitoring.
- Provides on-call production support of Mission Critical applications and resolve issues with in RTO.
- Ensure effective production systems monitoring, alarming and notification response/maintenance.
- Leverage diagnostic tools to maintain, troubleshoot and restore service or data to systems
- Able to guide team towards daily support of applications
- Engineer automated solutions around how application and infrastructure code changes gets built, packaged, assembled, deployed, monitored and alerted on in our production environments.
- Champion continuous improvement to drive stability, Client delight and operational excellence
- Work with SRE mindset. Building Automated solutions for daily redundant production support activities.
- Ability to understand and escalate issues efficiently and appropriately. Identify system bottlenecks and opportunities for process improvements
- Deep understanding of industry SDLC\Agile methodologies to analyze existing standards in Dev ops and augment the standards.
- Maintain and update support documentation (e.g. game plans, run books, procedures, and process).
- Communicate, co-ordinate and collaborate with multiple support teams and stakeholders
- Must have 12+ Years of Production Support experience
- Experience in application/Infrastructure Support
- Experience supporting applications using Java/J2EE stack, Weblogic/Tomcat
- Hands on experience on Unix commands for troubleshooting
- Hands on troubleshooting experience on Middleware issues
- Hands on experience on Application servers like Weblogic, Tomcat and Database like Oracle.
- Experience with PL/SQL scripting
- Strong experience with monitoring systems such as Splunk, App Dynamics.
- Knowledge on Server Management tools like OVO/Netbackup/Alerting tools.
- Proven experience with Software Configuration Managements and DEVOPS tools (GIT, Jenkins).
- Knowledge/experience of Python/Shell scripting.
- Candidate should have working experience in serving as a liaison between technology infrastructure operations and business projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Willing to work in shifts (24x7 models)
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.