Middle Markets Banking & Customer Due-Diligence Technology Leader
This position is responsible for technology strategy and execution in support of Middle Market Banking (MMB) Business and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) for Commercial, Corporate and Investment Banking Businesses. MMB serves companies with annual sales ranging from $5MM to $2BB. Wells Fargo is #1 in the US in several MMB segments. MMB includes core banking, Small Business Administration, Specialized Industries including but not limited to Technology, Food, Agribusiness, Government, Investor Real Estate and many more segments. CDD Technology team supports KYC/AML for new and existing Commercial, Corporate and Investment Banking customer. This role will be the primary point of contact from Wells Fargo India & Philippine to the MMB & CDD senior technology leadership in US. This role will be accountable for the technology necessary to support the MMB businesses from Origination to Portfolio Management and CDD. In addition the leader coming into this role will also own the technology strategy and execution of Underwriting and Portfolio management transformation aspects of the overall multi-year lending and CDD transformation strategy.
All Origination, underwriting, portfolio management and other supporting applications in support of Middle market banking. Functions managed include:
• Relationship management with Middle Market Banking and Customer Due Diligence Technology and senior leadership team.
• Technology Strategy
• Execution and delivery of technology including design, development and testing
Position Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes
• You will have primary accountability for the relationship with the Head of Middle Markets Banking & CDD Technology and the Senior leadership team of the Middle Markets Banking & CDD Technology teams.
• This role requires a strong understanding Commercial Banking business and Customer Due Diligence. And any experience in large transformation and migration efforts related to Commercial Lending and Banking businesses.
• You will have responsibility for all of the mission critical applications requiring very high availability and robust BCP and failover architecture and down time would have far-reaching impacts across the enterprise and carry significant reputational risk.
• Define technology strategy/roadmap, provide strategic technology perspective to technology and business executive management and recommend innovations, aligned with short term & long-term business/customer requirements, enterprise priorities and industry trends.
• Be the broker/author for technology solutions that efficiently and effectively meet business needs leveraging enterprise technology services with a bias towards consistency, standards and common solutions. Provide re-usable, scalable and secure solutions that can be leveraged across the organization.
• Engage, partner and enhance relationships with existing vendors.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with other functional areas in the CCIBT Organization Enterprise CIO group and across WFT (e.g. Technology Infrastructure, Chief Operating Office, and Technology Risk Management) as well as critical enterprise partners (e.g. Information Security, Data Management & Insights, Enterprise Global Services).
• Partner closely with technology and business leaders to ensure that technology initiatives are aligned with business, enterprise and WFT priorities.
• Demonstrate partner value by understanding the business, advocating technology solutions to advance business initiatives, incorporating internal / external customer views, and managing key financial indicators to the benefit of Well Fargo’s shareholders.
• Provide senior technology perspective on industry trends, competitive landscape and market/regulatory changes leveraging industry contacts, vendors, and strategic technology partner relationships.
• Manage and allocate appropriate people and financial resources to ensure that projects are completed within committed time and budget and align with strategic objectives.
• Assess current staff capabilities, identify talent gaps, and execute talent management actions aligned with human capital strategy.
• 16+ years of experience in technology development, application development, and implementation
• Should have led large scale Commercial Lending Origination and portfolio management product implantations and complex technology integrations.
• Experience of leading technology transformation and building engineering teams.
• 7+ years of management experience in development and implementation
• 5 years of experience in supporting Commercial/Corporate Lending and Banking technology organizations at a large financial institution
• Thorough understanding of Commercial Lending Life cycle.
• Experience with leading large scale and transformational technology efforts
• Significant experience leading complex technology initiatives in a large and dynamic segment of financial services
• Demonstrated vendor negotiation and partnership skills along with experience working with technology offshore vendor relationships
• 14+ years of experience leading highly technical teams and deliverables across diverse technology environments
• 9+ years of executive leadership experience managing a complex technology organization of large scale, including senior managers, managers, individual contributors and vendor resources across multiple global locations
• Demonstrated prior experiences in effective engagement with senior executives and external regulators
• Ability to effectively drive and lead change in an organization with Wells Fargo’s size, scale and complexity
• Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing and retaining a high performing team of leaders, strong technical experts and high performing professionals in a cultural environment that achieves results through team member engagement and satisfaction
• Demonstrated ability to manage a large portfolio of technology efforts across several major lines of business and effectively partner/influence at the senior executive level
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the financial, operational, technical and regulatory drivers impacting a complex and dynamic global technology environment
• Ability to develop technology strategy, operating model & roadmaps with clear objectives and aligned with business, enterprise and technology strategies
• Broad experience across multiple areas of technology including one or more of architecture, infrastructure and application development with strong understanding of leading edge as well as legacy and distributed technologies to effectively manage the complex and diverse applications portfolio
• Proven experience as a highly effective leader with credibility from demonstrating strong business and technology acumen
• Highly effective decision-making/critical thinking/problem solving skills with a collaborative and results oriented leadership style
• Demonstrated ability to consult with key business partners and translate complex, technical concepts so that they are clearly understood along with the ability to effectively partner and influence at the senior executive level
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and partner effectively with regulators
• Demonstrated experience motivating and influencing groups or individuals across organizational boundaries to gain trust and confidence to make timely decisions
• Proven experience in establishing a vision, developing the strategy to support the vision, gaining consensus across key functional leadership through effective communication, and driving action towards the vision through the effective management of goals and objectives
• Excellent communication (oral and written) with ability to communicate at multiple levels ranging from technologists to senior managers and executive leadership
• Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
Team size: 150 -200
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.