WIM Analytic Senior Manager (M3)
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) delivers a comprehensive suite of Banking, Trading and Wealth Management solutions to HNW (High Net Worth) customers. We focus on our clients' overall financial needs and provide solutions to serve their needs.
About the Role:
You are responsible for very complex partner assignments to identify and define strategic business issues that require analyses and translates this information into insight, knowledge and understanding of the business and the industry. It involves Analytics across multiple functional areas, business lines and data sources. Your responsibilities also include identifying opportunities for participating in and/or leading management information capabilities development work; interpreting and presenting results of analyses and recommendations to senior management. Data involved may be very large; structured or unstructured; and from multiple sources. You are required to build, manager and grow the team and involved in Talent Acquisition, Development and Retention activities. This role is a hands-on, techno-functional role along with people management.
In this role you will:
- Manage a team of Analytic Consultants and Financial Analysts
- Consults and performs very complex analyses/ analysis design involving data mining from multiple sources, financial, comparative analysis, customer/demographic analysis, etc.
- Participate and lead the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis and/or data visualization.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement strategies for developing and utilizing technical and analytic resources, to enable initiatives and projects that predict, improve, support, and measure business success
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and maintain necessary processes, controls, and procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Ensure adherence to data management and data governance regulations and policies
- Provide analytical support for designing, testing, evaluating, implementing, measuring, monitoring, and managing business and finance models and strategies across acquisitions, account management, and collections
- Work with clients to define information needs to support business processes, initiatives, and projects
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Analytics
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in talent acquisition, development, and retention
- Location: Chennai; Shift Timing: 1:30pm to 10:30pm
- 16+ years of experience working in Data and Business Analytic environment delivering Analytic solutions preferably in Financial Services Industry
- 10+ years prior experience in managing a team in analysts or financial professionals
- Master’s degree; preferably in Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering, Economics, Statistics domains
- 10+ years of good team handling experience in building teams, training and developing talents and leading projects
- Hands on experience in SAS, SQL, Tableau, Power BI. SQL Server, Essbase, Data Management, Business Analytics including Data Science and Data Modeling
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Proven organizational ability of collaboration and leadership skills.
- Experience with iterative development approach.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create and improve process through strategic thinking.
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse or data mart concepts
- Ability to carry our financial forecasts, Budgeting, Planning and Variance Analysis
- Experience writing data wrangling and ETL processes
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
- As a manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business.
- You are expected to lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- You need to also accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing, developing team members, identifying & managing risks, and completing daily management routines.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.