At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About This Role
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Design Research and Strategy Associate to join the User Center Design Insights and Empathy team within Wealth and Investment Management. The Researcher will be responsible for owning the product design, leading research efforts for internal applications and systems, then presenting these efforts to upper management, Architects, Developers, and Stakeholders. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
We are looking for researchers who have strong experience with using different user centric techniques to understand user behaviors and sentiment. The researchers will be working across multiple product teams. The team is solely focused in an Agile methodology. The User Center Design and Innovation team consists of Researchers, Designers, and experts within Accessibility.
In This Role, You Will
- Plan, recruit, facilitate and moderate user-centered design research activities such as: Interviews, Usability Testing (moderated/unmoderated), Focus Groups, Card Sorting, Contextual Inquiry, Ethnography, Discovery Sessions and Surveys
- Track and manage recruiting activities for each study, down to the participant level
- Facilitate the planning and strategic phases of a project
- Proactively pitch new Customer Experience (CX) ideas, backed by a strong, well-articulated rationale
- Develop new research and tests theories that lead to alternative, leading edge design solutions
- Partner to support design vendors external to Wells Fargo Advisors
- Comply with all mandated policies and procedures when conducting research in the regulated financial services sector
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve business goals
- Proactively coach, mentor and train other researchers
This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CRF 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
- 4+ years of Website or Application Design experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years User Experience (UX) research
- Project management experience
- 3+ years experience in design thinking, storyboarding, journey mapping, empathy mapping survey and unmoderated user testing tools (Usertesting.com, ultimate survey, etc.)
- Expert using tools such as Figma/FigJam and Mural
- Strong ability to take ambiguous problems and work with stakeholders and design team to craft research plans to discover customer needs
- Strong ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and research insights to stakeholders and respond effectively to feedback
- Experience coaching or mentoring other researchers
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- JIRA/JIRA Align experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile and Product environment
- Experience working in a large organization
- Ability to travel up to 10%
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Job Posting Location
- 300 South Brevard - Charlotte, NC
- 2801 Market St, F & L Building – St. Louis, MO
- 100% Remote work location is available for this position
Salary range is determined by location of the job.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule:
- $100,800.00 - $179,200.00
- $92,400.00 - $164,400.00
- $84,00.00 - $149,400.00
- $75,600.00 - $134,400.00
May be considered for a discretionary bonus
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.