About the Role
This is a Senior Individual Contributor role at Vice President Level that manages Control Reporting & Governance and supports Business Strategy & Enablement. This role will entail engaging and working with control senior leadership across regions / Business Groups and Enterprise Functions. Key Responsibilities include:
- Publishing aggregated Control Reports across Business Groups & Enterprise Functions to be presented to Regulators, Board of Directors, I&P Leadership, Ent. Operations Leadership, Control Councils, and other Leadership forums.
- Provide Governance by managing Control Councils including agenda items, meeting proceedings, escalations to relevant Governance forums, follow-up on action items by interacting with Business and Control Leaders.
- Provide Governance over Legal Entity Requirements
- Facilitate standardization of control practices across business groups and enterprise functions and provide leading practices to enhance the control environment.
- Support the Strategic Priorities and initiatives for Control Organization in I&P
- Analyze data, provide Thematic views and trends, manage Key Risk Indicators across Control Organization for proactive Governance. Analyze information and identify opportunities for providing value-added information to stakeholders, including enhancing the quality of information, graphical representations, etc.
- Undertake Control initiatives, identify, assess and mitigate change initiatives across the control organization.
- Prepare adhoc presentations / reports for Control Leadership by ensuring contents included in the report are relevant, precise and concise to understand and comprehend.
- Support implementation of Control Target operating Model
- Interfaces and fosters strong relationships with team and collaborate effectively. Coordinates with Control teams, Business Groups / Enterprise Functions, Independent Risk Management, Internal Audit, and Regulators on risk and control related topics.
- Proficient knowledge of industry standards and best practices around control management and risk management framework.
- Dynamic individual contributor role with the opportunity to lead projects and mentor less experienced employees.
- Overall experience of 17 years with 12 years of relevant experience in Banking / Financial Services industry and / or risk & control domains covering Strategy, operational risk, compliance, internal audit, risk management, Governance etc.
- Data Analytics Skills – Excel, Macros, Tableau extraction etc.
- Strong experience in Strategy, Enablement, Governance, Risk and Control fundamentals.
- Comprehensive understanding of risk types, methodologies and frameworks for evaluating or testing controls and assessing results, conducting research, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; additional experience analyzing business and/or systems changes to determine impact.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality output.
- Skillfully builds constructive and effective relationships. Delivers on commitments and renegotiates when needed. Strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Risk Management Certification Programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of Strategy, Enablement, Governance, Risk and Control management in the financial services industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, with various levels of management, including senior leaders and executives.
- Experience in assessing risk, reviewing risk ratings, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.