About This Role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Principal Engineer for our Originations Platform as part of the Home Lending Technology Organization. This senior technical professional will be responsible for Solution Engineering/Architecture of an assigned portfolio of applications and the associated business-technology strategies. Champion the engineering organization with an ability to understand and deliver to customer needs. Works with all teams to recommend solutions that are in accordance with the approved technology stack and target state architecture road map. Guides the teams on following standards and aims for best practice across the organization. Ensures expectations across the organization and external stakeholders are clarified between all parties involved. Identifies dependencies across the organization and works with individual teams to resolve them before they become an issue and installs preventative measures to mitigate repeat occurrences. Coaches the team on making trade-offs, prioritization and managing technical debt. Identifies and manages technical and business risk. The Principal Engineer Role is assigned at the Product Journey level and is a dedicated functional role.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring in-depth evaluation across multiple areas of the enterprise, delivering solutions that are long-term, large-scale and require vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical and inductive thinking
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large-scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommend innovations that enhance operations or provide a competitive advantage to the organization
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead development teams and serve as a peer mentor
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 7+ years of experience in leading large scale technology transformation
- 5+ years of experience in building and deploying microservices / APIs on Cloud Platform
- 3+ years of experience with Agile development practices
- 3+ years of engineering experience with heavy focus on application modernization into Cloud ready /Cloud native application and services development into a hybrid cloud /multi-cloud eco system.
- 5+ years of experience in development /maintain and supporting enterprise grade applications, shared frameworks, and services
- 3+ years of experience with Enterprise Pipeline automation/ secure DevOps and deployment automation to traditional and hybrid cloud environments.
- 3+ years of experience with test engineering & test automations.
- Deep technical understanding of micro services architecture using Java, Kafka, Mongo DB and Spring/Spring Boot.
- Technical expert, innovator, and strategic thought leader
- Ability to provide vision, direction, and leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.