About the Role
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk — or Independent Risk Management (IRM) — provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities.
The main function of the role will to be to provide support to the Head of Non-Financial Risk Oversight, APAC and assist in coordinating the oversight of the following non-financial risk types: Operational Risk, Compliance, Financial Crimes Risk, Strategic Risk and Reputational Risk; as well as contribute to execution and implementation of risk initiatives across APAC.
- Act as trusted advisor to the Head of Non-Financial Risk Oversight, APAC, and the rest of the Regional Risk Leadership team
- Provide oversight of Non-Financial Risk types, reviewing and providing feedback to updates and submissions to governance committees
- Create succinct and relevant reporting summaries, reports and briefing notes covering key risk matters and metrics for presentation at executive level forums, committees and briefing notes.
- Support Risk and Business Projects by providing and coordinating Non-Financial Risk input and credible challenge
- Support NFR-related initiatives and Enterprise-wide projects, tracking of project deliverables and tasks
- Drive a holistic approach and efficiencies across Non-Financial Risk portfolio, including evidence of credible challenge across all regional committees and forums
- Conducting deep dives into specific areas of focus based on Non-Financial Risk related regulatory priorities
- Conduct reviews of the Non-Financial Risk policies and practices in the Region, including the continuous identification and implementation of process and system improvements, and ensuring adherence to local and regional regulatory requirements, as well as alignment with the Wells Fargo Risk Management Framework
- Work to ensure that adequate controls are in place to mitigate non-financial risks across APAC
- Work with business and risk teams to assist development and monitoring of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) covering Non-Financial Risks
- 7+ years’ experience working in a Financial Institution
- University Degree
- Non-Financial Risk (Operational Risk, Compliance, Financial Crime Risk, Reputational Risk) experience preferred, although experience working in Operations/COO/Audit areas is also applicable
- Able to execute complex initiatives in a large corporate environment, while effectively partnering with others.
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business issues and identify key risks/mitigating controls
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with both the line of business and technical Team Members
- Knowledge of wholesale banking regulatory environment an advantage
- Strong verbal, written, and communication skills
- Self-starter and able to recognize opportunities for improvement and to act on those opportunities.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.