- JD-Senior Manager Role – Data Management
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
DTSE CB Data strategy and innovation group is responsible for driving data strategy for the bank
The data & analytics team is deeply embedded with our DTSE teams and internal partners, ensuring we stay directly aligned to the objectives of the business
About the Role:
The role will support key strategic priorities for CB data strategy and execution group and will have more specifically following key components
- Develop Data strategy pipeline for Commercial banking in line with the enterprise data council
- Maintain reference data that supports the entire insights & reporting processes
- Maintain DQE across CB data
- Perform strategic ad hoc data analyses to support key business decisions
- This role will lead functionally and administratively the newly formed CB data domain. This role will be required to accountable for all IP projects, deliverables as well as developing key relationships with GTM leaders. The role is required to train, develop the resources and manage the SLAs for the group. This role will be responsible for partnering across the DTSE CB data strategy teams to understand work flow, priorities and hence be able to deliver key execution priorities across digital and analytics.
- Leading a team of highly qualified analysts with experience in formulating and solving complex problems
- Supporting data strategy & innovation group and front end application support groups with the know-how blending theory and practice
- Providing both technical consulting to business leaders at an appropriate level of information encapsulation
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of operational processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Be a talent magnet by collaborating with various universities and leveraging network across companies
- Coaching team members to operate at higher level of dimensionality to innovate and bring in game changing ideas to fruition
- As a team member and manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team and the business. Specifically, you will lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued and supported to do work that energizes them. Management responsibilities will also include providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks and completing daily management tasks.
- Ability to work overlap hours with US team
- Shift 1:30-10:30 pm
- Essential skills qualifications:
- Around 16+ years in similar analytics role
- PhD/M.A./M.Sc./MS College Degree or Higher in operations research, applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis.
- ~10 years advanced programming exposure in SAS or Python including SQL
- ~10 years of Wholesale banking experience – Treasury Management, Sales & pricing analytics, sales funnel expansion etc...
- ~10 years of experience with relational databases Teradata, Oracle or similar database
- Must be able to offer thought leadership at a meta level – think about information cascade required for BI set up
- Strong domain knowledge about Commercial Banking – Treasury Management and Payment Services Business and Products
- 8+ years of good team handling experience of managing people and projects
- Able to guide, mentor and provide technical assistance to the team
- Identifies and recommends internal and external data sources, compiles/mines data from multiple, cross business sources; recommends and consults in the development of complex analysis designs
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies. Data involved may be very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources.
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to speak at internal and external conferences
- Proven experience in the area of innovation evidenced by successful holding of one or more patents
- Established inventory of authoring white papers, generating patents for the company
- Desired Qualifications
- Experience of working In MNC Banks preferred
- Good to have certifications in Data Science, or BI Reporting tools
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Detail oriented, results driven, and has the ability to navigate in a quickly changing and high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to learn the business aspects quickly, multitask and prioritize between projects.
- Exhibits appropriate sense of urgency in managing responsibilities
- Ability to accurately process high volumes of work within established deadlines
- Available to flex schedule periodically per business requirements
- Demonstrates a high degree of reliability, integrity and trustworthiness
- Takes ownership for responsibilities for own and drive same effort to the team
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic and good team player
- Be proactive and get engaged in organizational initiatives
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.