The Wholesale International Program (WIP) is a Wholesale Banking key initiative to expand Wells Fargo's global platform by offering in-country lending, treasury management, foreign exchange and trade services in more than 20 countries through established Global Banking offices. The overarching objective of the Wholesale International Program initiative is to provide a consistent global customer experience that integrates seamlessly with Wells Fargo's market leading domestic solutions.
The Payment team supports the payments processing and investigations for WIP. The scope of this work includes the processing of inbound and outbound payment messages for the Canada branch. Duties will include processing repairs, exceptions, cancellations, reversals and authorizations.
- Manage the day-to-day payment operations for WIP
- Disposition of funds transfer payments and administrative messages that have stopped due to possible regulatory sanctions
- Handling of exception processing requests related to amendments and cancellations, reversing accounting entries
- Closing systems
- May also include working on operational requirements for projects, supporting user acceptance testing and writing internal procedures.
- Full participation in virtual training plans.
- This person will need to reach and maintain departmental production and quality standards within a defined period of time.
- Applicants must be amenable to work on night shift; 9PM - 6AM, Monday - Friday, weekend off
- Bachelor’s degree preferably business course and equivalent
- Two (2) years of financial industry experience.
- Knowledge of International Transfers and familiarity with compliance and regulatory rules helpful with a good grasp of world geography.
- Knowledge of SWIFT, Federal Reserve wire transfer payments, Nostro accounts, Foreign Exchange a plus.
- Knowledge of International Wire Transfer and/or excellent keyboarding skills with the ability to learn quickly a must.
- Strict attention to detail is required with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with a strong acumen in verbal and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently under pressure, multi-task in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to change.
- Sound risk management mindset and good understanding of compliance - AML/OFAC
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.