About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Independent Testing Officer to support testing and validation of emerging risks owned by the front line across all lines of business at Wells Fargo.
The Independent Testing and Validation (IT&V) team is responsible for the development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities across the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework, and ensuring effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and controls according to standards and other applicable policies.
The IT&V Senior Independent Testing Specialist will support the IT&V Emerging Risk team in testing emerging risk topics across Wells Fargo group and businesses. This position will lead and participate testing engagements to provide an independent assessment of the appropriateness, completeness, and effectiveness of controls and processes implemented by business management for the purposes of reducing operational and compliance risk. The position is responsible for the timely delivery of review activities while meeting IT&V quality standards.
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in moderate to high risk or complex review activities in a matrixed environment and communicate emerging risks to management within Independent Testing
- Contribute to large scale planning related to Independent Testing deliverables
- Review and research moderately complex potential corrective actions, and follow through on reporting, escalation, and resolution
- Ensure effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs and controls according to standards and other applicable policies
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead team to meet Independent Testing deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of risk management framework and the risk and control environment
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues, internal partners, management and lines of business regarding risk management
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Independent Testing experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Professional Certification: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Information Systems Auditor, or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, finance, or accounting
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Specialized knowledge or prior regulatory compliance testing or review experience
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance, control, and business process testing
- Minimum 1 year at Big Four/super regional public accounting firm with experience in business process, regulatory, audit and/or advisory/consulting services
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo.
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships.
- Demonstrated success with influencing business units to identify, formulate and implement processes/procedures to mitigate risk
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with lines of business and other key stakeholders. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues where necessary
Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees. This will be a hybrid work schedule with three days in office
Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.