About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Principal Engineer within the Cloud, Automation and Integration Services team.
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for being a technical expert, innovator, and strategic thought leader within technology engineering discipline for Cloud, Automation and Integration Services.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and the ability to translate the advanced technology experience, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Lead complex technology Cloud initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions in Cloud for strategic business objectives and solving technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple parameters, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering and large-scale technology solutions. Design, Optimization and Documentation of the Engineering aspects of the Cloud platform.
- Contribute towards continual service improvement activities related to the delivery of cloud services
- Contributes to and supports the Cloud strategy, standards and best practices associated with all aspects of Cloud offerings.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- May represent Wells Fargo to external industry groups, influencing industry standards. Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others.
- Working in a globally distributed team to provide innovative and robust Cloud centric solutions.
- Closely working with Product Team and Vendors to develop and deploy Cloud services to meet customer expectations.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Regulatory knowledge as applied to understanding of various Cloud and related risk frameworks (COBIT, Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), FedRAMP, etc.)
Required Qualifications, International:
Overall 15+ years of experience, 5+ years working with Azure and/or GCP and a proven track record of building complex infrastructure programmatically with IaC tools .
- Must have professional cloud certification on Azure or GCP.
- Must have 3+ years of hands-on experience working with cloud automation tools such as Terraform and Github.
- Must have architecture, design and implementation experience on Azure or GCP with exposure in defining/implementing strategy and roadmap for cloud adoption.
- Drive architectural discussions and serve as a Subject Matter Expert ( SME ) for high visibility cloud computing initiatives to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, cost effectiveness and high availability in the cloud.
- Provides expert level design and engineering support towards the successful delivery of cloud project portfolio.
- In depth, practical experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, trends and industry-leading cloud vendor offerings
- Expert in designing, building, and automating solutions utilizing Azure or GCP services on one or more of them -
- Proficient on container-based solution services , have handled at least 2-3 large scale Kubernetes based Infrastructure build out, provisioning of services in Azure or GCP .
- Proficient and have a thorough understanding of Cloud service offerings on Storage and Database.
- Proficient and have thorough understanding of networking, firewalls, load balancing concepts (IP, DNS, Guardrails, Vnets) and exposure to cloud security, AD, authentication methods, RBAC.
- Proficient and have a thorough understanding of Cloud service offerings on Data, Analytics, AI/ML.
- Proficient and have a thorough understanding of Cloud service offerings on Security, Data Protection and Security policy implementations.
- Proficient on cloud computing concepts like landing zone, App Service Environment, Blueprints.
- Proficient on Control Plane, Azure Arc and Google Anthos.
- Should have exposure to Cloud governance and logging/monitoring tools.
- Experience with Agile, CI/CD, DevOps concepts and SRE principles.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to articulate technical solutions to both technical and business audiences
- Ability to deliver & engage with partners effectively in a multi-cultural environment by demonstrating co-ownership & accountability in a matrix structure.
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to drive strategic outcomes.
- Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced, enterprise environment.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.