This is a new role and the control execution team will be a new function within the EMEA COO. This individual will be responsible for working with the Control Execution Team Leader to set up the team including:
- Undertake deep dive analysis of controls that will be transitioned or established within the team to assess design and operating effectiveness
- Drive automation and ‘lean’ control processes where possible
- Manage the transition of applicable activities from elsewhere within the EMEA COO or from other functions, ensuring continuity of the existing coverage model
- Execute controls through a period of sustainability and prior to moving them to an offshore support team
- Partner with COO teams and Global Delivery Enablement to establish an offshore support team, train them and manage the migration of activities to them
- Implement an engagement model between this team and key stakeholders
- Design and implement key performance indicators and periodic reporting
This due diligence will be repeated ongoing for any thematic controls that need to be migrated into the team or newly designed.
Once established, ongoing responsibilities will include
- Work within a team of onshore and remote staff responsible for execution of control activities including thematic control coverage
- Collaborate with Business Control Executive and IRM functions for oversight / challenge of control design and operating effectiveness. This includes responsibility for design and implementation of new controls to address control gaps managed under formal issue management governance.
- Represent regional COO in control reviews (e.g. move-the-line planning) and control forums
- Co-ordinate with CIB COO and APAC / Americas control execution consultants to achieve alignment of control activity and economies of scale
- Track SHRP Issues and corrective actions owned by regional COO, liaising with corrective action owners to ensure timely delivery and sustainability, providing regular status reporting.
- Maintain and enhance relevant procedures, guidance and processes relating to control activities
- Proactively drive continuous improvement to the control environment
- Monitor key performance indicators for control activities, produce and distribute periodic reporting.
- Transition control activities to offshore team as appropriate.
In addition to the responsibilities summarised in your job description, you are also required to comply at all times with the FCA/PRA Conduct Rules:
1. You must act with integrity.
2. You must act with due skill, care and diligence.
3. You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators.
4. You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly. Y
5. You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.