About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Analytics Consultant for the Reporting Team in DPG Analytics
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with business partners and help solve challenging business problems through rigorous data analysis and visualizations
- Translate business requirements into metrics and analysis providing recommendations, insight, and understanding of the products and services
- Interpret and present results and recommendations to partners
- Work on ad-hoc analysis, create visualization and key insights from the data
- Work closely with the Reporting and other DPG Partners to gather report requirements
- Pursue process efficiencies through data management and automation
- Ensure adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies.
- 7+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- BS/BTech degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics
- 4+ years of SQL or SAS experience. Ability and desire to read other people’s code and develop new code
- Experience with automating technical processes using SAS Macros, DB Stored Procedures and UNIX Shell scripting
- Demonstrated experience with techniques and programming tools including a high level of proficiency with large databases/data warehouse (Oracle, Teradata)
- BI skills: Expertise in creating dashboard using Tableau /Power BI
- Ability and desire to perform Documentation of process flow, business analysis and metadata
- Organized. Detail oriented. Ability and Desire to understand the business and get into the weeds
- Financial Services experience
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and data mining techniques
- Strong collaboration skills
- High energy & strong communication skills (presentation and narrative skills)
- Ability to translate analytical data into useful business information
- Self-driven and passionate about continuous learning
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize between projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Technical Writing experience would be an added advantage
- Experience on R, Python and working knowledge on tools like Jira and Confluence would be a plus
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.