About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Control Management Specialist...
In this role, you will:
- Participate in mitigating current and emerging risk exposures associated with the activities and operations of the assigned business group, and identify opportunity for process improvements within the scope of defined business control responsibilities
- Review and analyze basic business challenges that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives
- Develop and implement risk monitoring, risk reporting processes, and controls while evaluating and reporting results where necessary
- Present recommendations for resolving complex situations and exercise independent judgment while developing Control Management functional area expertise
- Provide support in the interpretation of policy, guidelines, and governance programs as front line liaison to Independent Risk Management area
- Collaborate and consult with Control Management team and key stakeholders, including internal customers
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Risk Management or Financial Services industry experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Risk Management or Financial Services industry, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Good understanding on ITGC’s and ITAC’s - IT audit/Audit consulting experience.
- Control Testing/ Review Experience; risk and control fundamentals, knowledge of frameworks and methodologies.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to cross function both as independent contributor and a team member.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to be calm and focused when in high pressure situations.
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with project managers, business partners and senior executive-level leaders.
- Knowledge and Understanding of Automation in Risk Management and Control Testing Areas
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, and controls.
- Certifications will be an added benefit - Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor, (CISA) Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (CISSP) or other risk management discipline certification.
- Ability to think and suggest Automation & Process Improvements ideas that can reduce efforts.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.