About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Legal Operations Processor in the Bankruptcy Department.
In this role, you will:
- Support performance in the daily activities of teams that handle subpoenas, levies and other legal document inquiries for efficiency, quality control and overall effectiveness of team
- Provide feedback and present ideas for improving or implementing processes and tools with functional area impact
- Perform or guide others on complex operational tasks or initiatives that require planning, evaluation, and interpretation
- Respond to escalated inquiries from internal customers or external customers, government agencies or outside attorney's
- Independently prioritize work and provide daily leadership and mentorship to team
- Lead projects or initiatives to improve operational performance, implement new or reviewed processes or procedures to reduce risk exposure
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal customers. Includes successfully navigating through escalated calls transferred from the team as needed
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Assist with production and incoming internal and external calls as needed
- Gather and enter monthly volume for multiple metrics on a monthly basis
- 6+ years of Legal Operations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Ability to read and interpret statutory requirements and discuss with different levels of the organization
- Experience with legal orders such as writs of garnishments, levies, temporary restraining orders and seizure warrants
- Ability to act as escalation point for the team
- Experience analyzing the work of less experienced staff for high risk and complex legal orders and documents
- Experience leading projects or initiatives to improve operational performance
- Experience assisting with advanced training of other team members
Monday - Friday: 8:30a-5:00p - Hybrid - one week in the office and one week remote. This is also subject to change
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.