About this role:
This position will be an important member of a growing team of Finance and Accounting professionals supporting the Corporate Tax team.
In this role, you will:
- Preparation of US Federal, US State and US International entity tax returns, including US Form 1120, and Forms 5471 and 8858, 8865, etc. that are part of the US consolidated federal tax return.
- Collection and summation of Partnership investment Schedule K-1s, including aggregation of data for proper reporting on US Federal and tax returns.
- Preparation of Monthly Income and Franchise tax account reconciliations.
- Annual download of GEMS (Legal Entity Database) information for tax return preparation purposes.
- Collection of some US State apportionment data and populating schedules for US State tax preparation.
- Preparation of estimated tax payments calculations (which may require muted access to forecast information).
- US Federal and State MS Excel workbook VBA coding to support tax return and tax provision processes.
- Generation and use of Alteryx or alternative technology workflows to support tax return and tax provision processes.
- Preparation of federal and state corporation tax returns that are part of a consolidated corporate tax return filed for Wells Fargo & Company and its subsidiaries.
- Responsible for the computation of taxable income as well as preparation of the tax returns in a third party software.
- Gathering of partnership information and the summarizing of this information in Microsoft EXCEL.
- Interact with other functional groups within the tax department and with the business units to collect and process accounting and income tax information.
- Maintain documentation supporting SOX and internal audits.
- Qualified CA/CFA/ICWA/MBA-Finance
- 3+ years of corporate tax preparation or similar experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Essbase and/or SmartView experience.
- Financial services industry experience
Other Desired qualifications:
- Large corporate income tax return or tax provision experience.
- MBT (Master of Business Taxation).
- Account reconciliation experience.
- Knowledge of USA regulatory agencies (ie SEC, OCC, FED) and related reporting.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP.
- Knowledge of banking and lending.
- Knowledge and understanding of data management concepts, process, and tools.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques.
- Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.