About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer...
In this role, you will:
- Drive innovation in digital technology & Innovation application portfolios, increase efficiency through automation, SRE and Agile with an emphasis on enhancing end user experience.
- Drive automation of manual repetitive operational tasks and Engineer solutions to automate production game plans.
- Perform trend analysis of repetitive production issues and engage relevant operation/development teams to address the failure patterns and incidents.
- Drive adoption of self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Enhance the end to end application or system observability by enhancing the alarm setup or developing new dashboards using the monitoring/log analysis/analytic tools such as splunk, AppD, Elastic Search, PowerBI, Tableau etc.
- Closely work with enterprise SRE team and perform SRE maturity assessment for applications in scope, baseline current state metrics, establish SLI/SLOs, Error budget, Service Levels, monitoring, alerting and recovery objectives and perform periodic resiliency testing for all applications in scope.
- Manage the Toil Registry created for the group & Reduce toil by fine tuning existing monitoring/alarming setup or by developing tools to automate the routine tasks using ansible, shell scripting etc.
- Develop solutions for self-healing of alarms thus aiding in production Incident reduction.
- Enhance or fix the bugs in the existing patching & production release install scripts for improving the success ratio and own/participate in the root cause analysis using 5-Why approach.
- Recommend infra level solutions by proactively analyzing low level errors in application logs which are undetected to enhance the customer experience.
- Direct large-scale projects and application implementations from proof of concept through testing and installation.
- Troubleshoot high severity MIM issues in real time, improve system availability & reliability by facilitating blameless postmortems to prevent problem recurrence.
- Apply analytics on historical monitoring or incident data for predicting issues and take proactive actions.
- Statistical gathering and analysis to assist architecture engineering and development teams in capacity planning requirements to support projected transaction volumes, response times and system availability targets.
- Collaboration with enterprise partners on issues and initiatives that impact the infrastructure.
- Add value to team delivery and work with team to complete tasks with high quality and actively learn new skills/technologies.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
Required Qualifications, International:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in any software engineering discipline.
- 10+ years’ experience in production support & SRE implementation in a large scale environments (preferably in banking domain) with development experience.
- Hands on experience in web & middleware platform (apache, tomcat) in Linux/windows environments.
- Hands on experience with monitoring/log analysis/dashboard tools such as Appdynamics, splunk, Elastic Search, Netcool, PowerBI, Tableau etc.
- Good knowledge in DevOps tools - GitHub, Jenkins, UCD and cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Knowledge in Database and network environments.
- Good knowledge in Agile and ITIL framework.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies and systems.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral communication skills and documentation skills and able to work independently.
- Self-learner, understand technology environment and deliver faster.
- Willing to work in shifts
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.