About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Crimes Manager.
This role is designated as a Controlled Function 2 (CF-2) role under the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 (sections 20 and 22) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (SI No. 615 of 2011), subject to the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness and Probity Regime. Individuals who perform a CF-2 role must maintain a level of fitness and probity appropriate to the ongoing performance of that particular function and must comply with WFBI’s Fitness and Probity policy. A team member who performs a CF-2 role ensures, controls or monitors compliance by WFBI with our relevant obligations
The Wells Fargo Bank International UC Frankfurt Branch (hereafter the WFBI FB MLRO) reports within WFBI to the WFBI Head of Financial Crimes Risk Management and functionally to the WFBI Frankfurt Branch Manager. The WFBI FB MLRO has oversight for and supports the execution of the Financial Crimes Risk Management program in WFBI Frankfurt Branch, and is the designated Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for Frankfurt Branch. The WFBI FB MLRO is the point of contact for financial crimes risk management for all internal and external parties (including: internal audit, Regulators, Enterprise FCRM, WFBI FCRM IRM personnel, and Business Financial Crimes Control Teams) and works with these stakeholders to ensure the effective advisory, governance and oversight capability is delivered within WFBI FB.
The WFBI FB MLRO ensures that WFBI FB meets the relevant financial crime local legal and regulatory standards together with applicable corporate policy.
In this role, you will:
- Provide analysis of legal, regulatory and other developments relating to Financial Crime in Germany and make recommendations to ensure related policies and procedures are compliant.
- Act as registered Money Laundering Reporting Officer for WFBI FB
- Set and direct the strategy for FCRM in WFBI FB, with the agreement and support of the WFBI MLRO.
- Deliver and maintain an effective financial crimes risk management framework within WFBI
- Develop constructive stakeholder relationships with Senior WFBI management in Frankfurt and Dublin, regional and corporate stakeholders including Audit, Compliance and Operational Risk to drive a positive risk management culture and collaborative approach.
- Present credibly and persuasively on Financial Crime Risk oversight to senior business management, at various governance committees including at the Frankfurt Branch Management Committee.
- Establish robust governance and reporting of FCRM matters within WFBI FB.
- Ensure that WFBI FB meets local anti-money laundering and financial crimes regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with EMEA Regulatory Relations in the management of all BaFin regulatory interaction and inspections as appropriate.
- Provide management information and support and escalate any material matters on an ongoing basis to the WFBI MLRO and WFBI FB Branch Manager to support the fulfilment of their responsibility and to ensure that they have oversight and transparency of FCRM risks.
- Maintain effective oversight over the FCRM programs in place in Frankfurt Branch and report on this to the WFBI MLRO and the EMEA FCRM Governance Forum.
- Create and maintain capability to identify, assess and interpret EU level Financial Crime related legislation and regulation.
- Work closely with Financial Crime team members in EMEA and USA in the development and roll out of global and local Financial Crime policies and procedures.
- Carrying out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Fraud, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery, Corruption, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Leadership experience
- Extensive and proven Financial Crimes Risk Management Experience, ideally at a Management level of a large international or global financial group.
- Financial Crime related qualification or legal / accountancy qualification preferred.
- Leadership capability, leads by example, fosters trust and is aligned with the Bank’s Vision, Values and Goals.
- Developed communication (written and oral and presentation) and influencing skills are essential with an ability to liaise professionally and with diplomacy across all levels of staff.
- The ability to build strong working relationships across different functions and different levels including senior management.
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze complex business issues, identify key risks and controls and to utilize a pragmatic approach to achieve change.
- The ability to resolve complex issues in a large corporate environment, including partnering with others to achieve the optimal outcome.
- Strong organizational, analytical and documentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing initiatives and prioritise effectively.
- Developed risk management skills including appropriate use of escalation and consultation to manage risk effectively.
- Act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of their work.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.