About Wells Fargo India & Philippines:
Wells Fargo India & Philippines (WFI) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services (PAM). WFIP operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about WFIP at our International Careers website .
Product, Analytics & Modeling (PAM) team is a community of data analytics professionals and brings a competency-based approach to the international talent pool focusing on analytical requirements. PAM encompasses roles that deliver insights and analysis based on skills, experience and judgment. Team Members exercise this judgment under general direction versus rule-driven processing. Processes and services performed in this area tend to be based on skills, domain knowledge and intellectual capability.
This position aligns with the Business Insights & Analytics (BIA) team within Wells Fargo Home Lending supporting Retail originations as part of Consumer Lending (CL) PAM team. The US production team performs reporting and delivers analytics to support business insights and management decisions for WFHL Production. The Production team is made up of nearly 20,000 team members who provide sales, fulfillment, underwriting, operations, quality, compliance, and support functions for the National Consumer Lending channel. This BIA team will leverage the data to extract & generate insights to make the WHFL productions team more effective & efficient with their insights and recommendations. To begin with, the BIA team will have migration of analytic queries to new data sources as a primary responsibility in the short term and lay the foundation of enhancing the analytical support.
About the Role
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Analytics Consultant who will be responsible for working with our US-based Home Lending Data Strategy team to enhance our ability to provide data support for our analytical and business partner teams.
In this role, the candidate will utilize SQL/SAS to:
- Review and research moderately complex business, operational, and technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Perform complex financial and economic analysis and model development
- Plan, coordinate, and take lead on projects
- Manage or participate on large cross group projects and mentor less experienced staff
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Analyze data for regulatory reporting that goes to the OCC and Federal Reserve
- Is responsible for identifying and research data inconsistencies across several different system of records to control data quality checks
- Utilizes programming tools to perform comparative analysis
- Work with Home Lending Technology team to develop code to put into production for Data Quality controls for regulatory reporting.
- 7+ years of Analytics experience using SAS and SQL, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, education
- Has a strong knowledge and understanding of mortgage industry: servicing, loan performance, or default data and reporting
- Good to have certifications in Data Management, Data Engineering, or BI Reporting tools.
- Domain understanding of home lending and its complete product lifecycle (Ops, Sales., Risk) will be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of business drivers and industry trends of lending products & home lending in specific.
- Detail oriented, results driven, and has the ability to navigate in a quickly changing and high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Expected to learn the business aspects quickly, multitask and prioritize between projects.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic and good team player.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.