About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About I & P
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics, Modeling and Quants. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) delivers a comprehensive suite of banking, capital markets and advisory solutions, including a full complement of sales, trading and research capabilities, to corporate, government and institutional clients. We focus on our clients' overall financial needs, with consideration and respect for their total relationship with Wells Fargo.
About the Role
The roles involves working with an industry leading Corporate and Investment Bank in the CIB Markets support team which is part of the Front Office. Specifically, this team does Model Development and Maintenance (MDM) work supporting the Quantitative strategy team. The MDM team is an extension of the US Front Office team. The team works in various asset classes like Interest Rate, Credit, Equity, Commodity, FX and XVA on models that are used for pricing, risk management and stress testing. Work activities include but will not be limited to the data and code preparation, data analysis, model testing and documentation of assigned models.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in the creation, execution and development of Front Office test plans
- Participation in the creation, execution and development of model monitoring plans
- Checking the consistency and accuracy of quantitative models
- Performing an extensive set of tests to ensure that Front Office models are robust, consistent and well-behaved under current and distressed market conditions. These activities are formally part of the model development process, and should not be confused with testing that is performed as part of the independent model validation process
- Writing code (Python, Java, VBA, C++ etc.) and refactoring code after receiving approval to do so
- Writing Code , Testing , Deployment etc activities for VASARA
- Compiling and presenting results
- Participating in the production of formal summary and analysis documentation and reporting
- Actively participating and contributing in team discussions on project specific areas/assignments
- Maintaining proper documentation of all processes and keeping the code up to date
- Answering ad hoc questions from various stakeholders including US Front Office Quants, populating templates or creating new reports/extracts as requested by stakeholders
Essential qualifications/ Market skill set
- A Master’s or PhD in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, computer sciences, etc.
- Computer programing skills . Java is mandatory requirement for the role.
- Writing documents using Microsoft Office tools, LaTeX or other word processing programs
- Ability to learn quickly and work collaboratively within a team in a dynamic and fast paced environment with multiple responsibilities but still following strict deadlines
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Strong mathematical, statistical, analytical and computational skills
- Good knowledge of financial mathematics and financial models
- Good verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong programing skills and use of software packages such as Python, VBA, C++,Java, R and SQL (Strong Python/Java full stack developers with good track record of 2+ years will be given preference)
- Eagerness to contribute collaboratively on projects and discussions
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.