About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Consumer lending finance group brings together enterprise functions that drive Wells Fargo's financial management, including accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, line of business finance, asset-liability management, treasury, tax management, and the company's investment portfolios. Key portfolios include Business facing finance support for Home Lending (Production, Servicing, Capital Markets, Pricing, & FP&A activities)
About the Role
This Individual contributor role is responsible for all of the month end close activities starting from BD -4 to BD +5 (Business days). Post the book closures, the role needs to support a lot of reporting, dashboards and ad-hoc reports. Reports include preparing daily, weekly and monthly reporting and other ad-hoc reports to support the line of business and provide meaningful analysis and analytics support. This role also extensively includes a wide range of data management activities such as data extractions, consolidations, aggregations, validations and modelling support. The role strives for excellence in providing timely, accurate and meaningful insights to senior stakeholders and driving efficiency and process innovations.
- Month-end and quarter-end close reporting processes, with a focus on accuracy and process improvement; suggest innovative ideas and take initiative to automate the process.
- Evaluate all financial results and related reporting, check for reasonability in results between current month and expectations and prior months
- Provide meaningful analysis and variance commentary to inform and guide stakeholders; identify risks and opportunities to future forecast
- Data management, data integrity and data lineage skills in ensuring appropriate reporting of financials and related metrics/drivers.
- Monitor key financial and metric trends and provide weekly and monthly reporting; identify and explain the cause of any material variances
- Requires extensive data reconciliation & consolidation as well as analysis, coupling the use of scenario and sensitivity analysis to forecast possible outcomes.
- Design new report / Modify existing financial report using Essbase excel add in tool.
- Generate multiple reports like Close, Balance sheet, P &L reports and Variance analysis report from Dodeca tool
- Improvise the process by suggesting innovative ideas and take initiative to automate the process.
- Deploy proper knowledge management process within Consumer Lending group by regularly updating the process documents and create back up for all the process.
- Post graduate in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Candidate must have hands on experience in LOB / segment / product reporting / management reporting / dashboard / analytics / commentary
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in finance or reporting roles, including monthly close, management reporting, Reconciliation & General ledger with good analysis and commentary skills.
- Preferably should have relevant banking experience with hands on experience in management reporting, forecasting and planning process.
- Candidate should be fairly familiar with the AU/OU/ Hierarchy process, and should also be extremely good at change management and ability to turn around the reports not only with speed, but with high quality, integrated controls and checks.
- Candidate should also have good financial modelling, template building, dashboard and presentation skills as this will help in transforming reports to the next level.
- Candidate should have Essbase/Hyperion experience and should be a subject matter expert in data retrievals from different cubes.
- Ability to work both independently and within team environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to perform complex analyses, build financial models, draw conclusions, and communicate recommendations to business leaders.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with critical deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Macros, Access and Power point.
- Preferable to have prior experience in FP&A role, with expertise in review and modification of financial reporting along with variance analysis to drive value
- Expertise with Essbase along with SQL skills and query management. Knowledge of Tableau and data analytics will be added advantage.
- Comfortable to work in flexible timings to maximize overlap with US counterparts
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.