About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Accountant... in Speciality Accounting G
In this role, you will:
- Monitor team mailbox, respond to business partner inquiries and direct emails to appropriate folders within mailbox
- Support tasks associated with daily invoice review to ensure appropriate accounting treatment is applied to technology related invoices
- Prepare account reconciliations (including monitoring for stale balances and following up on reconciling items)
- Support ongoing close and reporting process as needed for all SAG Groups.
- Develop and apply technical accounting knowledge in areas including accounting for software maintenance, software license, cloud computing, etc.
- Direct governance and oversight activities, including creating and implementing controls to ensure data accuracy, documentation of processes, development of appropriate tests, and resolution of issues
- Review data from the general ledger, unit reports and various financial systems to ensure accuracy
- Provide functional advice and training to Accounting Team, technology finance counterparts, and customers
- Lead and perform special projects with critical impact to group or company
- Collaborate and consult with stakeholders throughout the enterprise
- Gather and review financial data for financial and regulatory reports
- 8+ years of Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Financial Reporting, Accounting Reporting or Risk Reporting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A Bachleor's/Masters degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Familiarity and experience with technology accounting
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Experience working with changing priorities and deadlines
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.